Model Train Forum banner

4941 - 4948 of 4948 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
It didn't dawn on me that it ended up as a NYC subsidiary. Must not have been a hotspot for fan photos at that time as I haven't found any photos of it in my brief search.
I googled Federal Valley RR and got some interesting hits. It was only a 15 mile spur line and existed from around 1888-1954. They had two engines and handful of cars. The mainline through Palos, OH appears to be in good shape but no sign of the Federal Valley which branched off to the Southeast from Palos. Someone wrote a book about it though.
It must have caught the attention of someone at Atlas. This is an N scale model.

Pete

·
Registered
325 Posts
Waiting for this to come in to Just Trains of Delaware. My wife and I decided to support a local small business during this pandemic by ordering this. It holds sentimental value to my family. We paid a visit to Stone Mountain last year for our vacation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Yes, I slowed a bit. I picked up a few cars and some rolling stock for repainting projects. The layout building starts soon...

Tom

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Nice Tom. I picked up one of these when they first came out from Beth. Also have a reservation on an R2. I am not holding my breath on that one.
Pete

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Thanks Pete. I was surprised she had one left. Certain things seem to appear on her site out of the blue, so it is worth checking her listings on occasion. I found a few gems at her site.

I like the R2 also, but I didn’t order one...yet. I did order a 3rd Rail future release of a NJT E-60 electric locomotives. The E60 was one of the worst engines I ever ran...gotta have one though!

Tom

4941 - 4948 of 4948 Posts