·
Registered
262 Posts
Reactions: Riggzie

·
Registered
148 Posts
20210216_211116.jpg
So great plans ahead, but found this at a tag sale auction to hold me over til the room is ready, will run some stuff on this, maybe do some slight adjustments and then have it until the major layout I'm planning gets going.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
After shoveling 10" of snow off my garage roof, it was nice to see this at my front door. There is a Williams scale GG1 inside the box.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I received the exact same box from Trainworld. It contains a MTH Erie F3 dummy A unit. Pics coming soon...

Tom

·
Registered
148 Posts
So I read posts from years back about problems with the O gauge switches that you see on my prebuilt layout that I was able to acquire, does anyone have further info, I think gunrunnerjohn had some information. I just want to run trains so easy fix (don't mind taking some time, just don't want to do it 5 times) would be preferred over replacement. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
MTH just released a Burlington extended vision caboose and I wanted one to go with my VO-1000. I waited till it was issued to order one and by the time the order went in it was too late. But they had issued the same caboose back in 2000 and I found one on ebay (Trainz). Worked out OK as the car is like new and I saved a few bucks. To reduce my shipping to product ratio, I also picked up a Mary Jane box car. My paternal grandfather always had a supply of Mary Janes to give one or two to the grandkids (if we were good) so this car brings back fond memories.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Nice caboose! I have some Burlington GPs but I never picked up a caboose to go with them. Another railroad I always liked mostly for their color schemes.

My MTH Erie F3 set came together on the same day. The dummy A came from Trainworld and the Powered A/dummy B set came from Public Delivery Track on the other side of the country. They arrived within 20 minutes of each other via USPS and FedEx...

Tom

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I have a few Lackawanna locos and a few Erie Lackawanna locos, but no Erie locomotives. Those Erie F units have a nice paint scheme.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Thanks Bob. The EL used a similar black and yellow scheme for their freight units early on. MTH just announced a RK RS3 in the early freight scheme. It is something I haven’t seen in O gauge very often, except for the Atlas C425...

Tom

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
MTH released this Railking LVRR GP9 in January. I had it on pre-order at Nicholas Smith, but for some reason that fell through. I ended up getting it at Ye Olde Train Shoppe.

The Lehigh Valley had two GP9s. The 300 had three different paint schemes and the 301 had four in their time at LV before they were painted Conrail blue. The 301 was one of only two LV engines that had the wide yellow stripe scheme with the other being an RS3.

The model looks good in this paint scheme. It has good sounds and smoke (although neither the catalog nor the website description mentions smoke). One thing I don’t care for is that the MU hoses (molded into the pilot) are painted in tiger stripes. I would rather see them black along with the rest of the pilot like the prototype.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Nice Geep Bob. The LV had so many paint schemes it is hard to keep track.

I would imagine the MU hoses could be hand painted into black. A small project that would be a great improvement. I have a couple RK engines that have the same issue...

Tom

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
The LV had so many paint schemes it is hard to keep track.
Tom
I’ve said before that the Lehigh Valley probably had more paint schemes than just about any other railroad. But what surprised me was how many different schemes the GP9s had in just 17 years.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I’ve said before that the Lehigh Valley probably had more paint schemes than just about any other railroad. But what surprised me was how many different schemes the GP9s had in just 17 years.
The paint shop must have been pretty busy....or bored...lol

Tom

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Continuing Bob’s Burlington spotlight, I purchased a couple CB&Q freight cars and a caboose. The Hi-Cube is an Atlas product, the reefer is a MTH car and the caboose is a Lionel.

The GP40 is a MTH Premier engine. It has been in my collection for a while....

Tom

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I must say I like the looks of the caboose. Interesting to compare what Lionel and MTH did. They are pretty close.

I really shouldn’t have any Burlington stuff. I try to stick with northeastern roads. But I saw a great deal on a pioneer zephyr a few years ago and grabbed it. And Burlington diesels have great colors.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
A good chunk of my collection is engines that look great, whether is it the type or paint scheme. I collect GP30s and Geep 7 and 9s regardless of road name. The Burlington later scheme has always been favorite.

Here is my GP30...another early purchase...

Tom

5241 - 5260 of 5300 Posts