Model Train Forum banner
5801 - 5820 of 6000 Posts

·
Admin
47,487 Posts
It would be cooler if the clear car had glowing liquid inside…sloshing around as it heads down the tracks!
I wonder if you could snake a little wire up there and put a couple of lights in the center. The liquid is only in a narrow space, it's a double-walled car.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
They are nice, industrial looking hoppers. The stenciled lettering makes the scheme.

We’re the real ones that color?

The Erie Lackawanna learned the hard way when they painted some of their boxcars light grey. It turned out, the rust would show through and stain pretty quickly. They were looking pretty rough after a couple years.

The standard boxcar red paint color was the easy way to hide surface rust…

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
Great looking engines! When I was a kid, I learned about the TRRA from the header for the buy/sell ads in Trains Magazine. They used a picture of a TRRA engine in the Ad column…

Tom

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Those are certainly different. I can imagine the prototype wasn't that color for long! :D
Weirton Steel started in 1906 in Wheeling, WV and survived many decades but during the steel corps consolidations starting in the 60's Weirton Steel went through a bankruptcy and then numerous buyouts. Weirton Steel in name no longer exists and I have not seen any photos of real deal rolling stock with their name scripted.

Bill

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
I always liked the old Pullman Standard Chicago and Northwestern Bi-Level gallery cars they used in the Chicago area commuter service. I was offered a MTH Premier set of three coaches and a cab car. A few days later, a MTH PS3 C&NW F7 set came up, so I decided to take that too. I just need to renumber and detail one of the A units for a 1961 rebuild for commuter service.…
Light Wood Technology Font Event

Train Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Rolling stock

Train Rolling stock Motor vehicle Vehicle Track

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
Thanks Pete. I rode them one time many years ago. I actually had a ride in the cab of the cab car for a spell. I was amazed how much room there was up in the cab. The cars were “gallery cars” with the narrow seating above the lower deck.

Your Burlington Es are immaculate! That is A handsome train with nice detail. The cars are Atlas? Beautiful!

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
You will need an intermodal facility! Nice trailvans!

Those Corgi buses are cool. I have one from the Public Service in NJ…

Tom

5801 - 5820 of 6000 Posts