Model Train Forum banner
5861 - 5880 of 5889 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,158 Posts
Thanks John. I wouldn’t have believed it, but the black ladders were for real. It kind of reminds me of the old AHM HO boxcars, where the added details were black…lol.

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,158 Posts
Thanks Pete.

It would be a tempting project. The paint availability issue has be backed up on some work I need to do. I may do a Pacemaker with the black lettering though…

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,158 Posts
Those are great looking locomotives! I like the added details like the lift rings, grab irons and firecracker antenna. Nice acquisition!

I don’t know why MTH didn’t make roof antennas a standard detail on their premier engines. Some had them, some didn’t.

The only MP loco I have is the GP35 in Union Pacific colors with Missouri Pacific lettering...

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,158 Posts
A few new painted cars….by MTH and Crown Models…

A G&W 40‘ boxcar by Crown…

Train Motor vehicle Rolling stock freight car Track

An MTH premier SP car I bought from a fellow over at the OGR forum…

Train Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Rolling stock

And finally, another G&W boxcar made by Crown on one of their older style shells with slightly different reporting marks…

Train Rolling stock freight car Track Railway

Tom

·
Registered
819 Posts
Those are great looking locomotives! I like the added details like the lift rings, grab irons and firecracker antenna. Nice acquisition!

I don’t know why MTH didn’t make roof antennas a standard detail on their premier engines. Some had them, some didn’t.

The only MP loco I have is the GP35 in Union Pacific colors with Missouri Pacific lettering...

Tom
Tom, I have a GP38-2 in that paint. Is that what you have? If not, I'd like to know the model # so I can look for it. Thanks.

·
Admin
47,309 Posts
Who makes that set, John? Great looking details. One locomotive I would like to have…

Tom
This is an MTH Premier set Tom. I'm also on the hunt for the UP #80 Coal Turbine that MTH made to round out my UP turbine fleet. :)

5861 - 5880 of 5889 Posts