Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Last but not least is a brand new in box PRR flat car with 2 PRR
Piggy Back trailers. $15.00.

View attachment 510702

So, for $70.00 got 8 new to me cars. I bought most of what was at the show. There was a complete Casey Jones boxed set. I saw
3 nice aluminum passenger cars, 660, 661, and 662. First pass around the show and then could not find them again. Maybe gone.
Someone was looking at them. No idea on price.
Mopac it looks to me like you got a lot for not a lot of money.
That walking into a train show and then going back to a table later to get something I saw has cost me some good buys over the years. I always think I can maybe find it a little cheaper at another table after making an offer and being told no.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Very nice looking Tom! I haven't paid much attention to the new stuff since I usually buy all AF older steam engines but this set sure has my attention!

Kenny

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Those cars should clean up nicely with the hair dryer. However, I have never seen so much of the white stuff before. Waiting to see how they come out. Good luck.
I once bought a small collection that had the white stuff on several of the cars but no where near what you have.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Very nice mopac. Out door pictures again! Finally fit for it there in Missouri it sounds like.
Not so much here in upper Illinois. Even though, like you, I have mowed twice already, and it has been as high as 70 and the 60's, 6-8 inches of snow predicted tonight and all day Friday. Got an inch in the early am hours yesterday but mostly gone by noon. This snow coming will be heavy wet snow since the temps will be 30-32. My Jeep will make it through. Best thing is the 40's Saturday, 50's Sunday so the snow will be gone quickly. Go figure.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Mopac, getting that very nice 922 for 27.00 plus shipping is a deal. I have one of the decal and painted stripes. Both are nice but I sure paid more than $27 and that was back several years ago. I also have 3 more that are so-so quality and ones like that have been well over $27 also on eBay when I have checked. I think you got a deal.
So you got to go to an actual train show?

Kenny

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Looks good mopac. Nice lettering too. I had forgotten about the different angles in the application of the decal that Tom mentioned and shows. I have 5 total of that version and none are the same. My painted ones seem to be all the same angle.
Sharp looking 922 you have there too Al.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Welcome to the forum. New members with creative ideas and the ability to pull of those ideas is most welcomed. Nice approach with the 350 modifications. Never would have thought of that. Nice tankers there too. Then there is that sharp looking 325AC with the ears. Hudson's are my favorites. Keep 'em coming.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice job on the 350 Royal Blue Doug. Outstanding way to build a 354 C&O right down to the bell. Gotta admire your perseverance not to mention craftmanship. I have an affinity for the GP 7's as well. I have 4. One of them, a 371 with coupler bars, was in pretty bad running shape and appearance. I wanted to buy one in sad shape so I could custom paint it. No sense in ruining a nice GP 7. I converted one end of the coupler bars to a KC coupler so the engine can be operated with both link and KC's. Those GP 7's are too expensive to just take one and customize it the way I did this one. It surly didn't take 2 years.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I didn't realize there were 2 different versions of that locomotive. I was looking at the Legacy version. This one you have looks nice. It has all the features that I need since I don't have Legacy but rather TMCC and probably couldn't utilize the extra Legacy features anyway . The 500.00 price of the Legacy version is what I couldn't afford, do to a sudden money shortage. I had planned on getting one. Now that I see what you got for $289, maybe I can get lucky and get one of the FlyerChief models for around the same price sooner than I was planning. Even though I have TMCC integrated into my system, I can still run off the conventional setting with this locomotive since it has it's own control and electro couplers. Thanks for posting the very informative video.

Kenny

1 - 20 of 117 Posts