Model Train Forum banner

481 - 500 of 636 Posts

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Neat, Most people do not look for the date stamp. I like the N&W baggage car in the display case.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #482
Jake, nice set.

oldfeller, those cars actually look pretty nice. I would try the hairdryer first.
Never seen that much white stuff.

·
Registered
89 Posts
White Stuff

Thanks for the response Mopac, I will post b4 and after pics, and describe how it went in case some else finds some like these.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Those cars should clean up nicely with the hair dryer. However, I have never seen so much of the white stuff before. Waiting to see how they come out. Good luck.
I once bought a small collection that had the white stuff on several of the cars but no where near what you have.

Kenny

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #485
Got 2 NIB Lionel/Flyer cars to roll behind one of my NYC Hudsons.
These are the 2 cars I cancelled the sale because seller would not
combine shipping cost. He had a change of heart and I paid for
them. They are new never ran. One is a NYC bay window caboose,
it was 10.00. The other is a NYC 3 dome tanker car. It was 15.00.
Happy with them.

IMG_0699.JPG

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #488
Man, I missed some deals this week. One seller had at least 10 nice cars for sale.
All at 4.95 start price. Many sold for start price. One I wanted was a 5 digit tie car.
Nice car and it went for 4.95. I forgot about the auctions. LOL, but saved some money.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #491
I watch ebay a lot. There are deals to be found. Lots of wading though.

Good luck guys looking for deals.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Before and After

I picked these up at an auction a few weeks ago. Only AF items that were priced reasonably, because of their appearance I assume. I said I would share the results of 6 kilowatts of hair dryer use, several sheets of Kleenex, and 4 cotton swabs.
Some of the boxes were partially coated on the inside with the white stuff also.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Now you have great looking cars and boxes. Just out of curiosity, 6kW @ 120V is 50A! That could melt the plastic in short order.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just kidding, but for reference it was a 1500 watt hairdryer clamped to medicine cabinet door so I had both hands available. Took about 10 minutes each. The low setting required holding the car too long in one spot. The higher setting started softening the white stuff much faster so I just kept moving the car and wiping.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Got this beauty 2 days ago. Lights and rolls nicely, and is a exact color match for my set pulled by one of my 312AC's. I also have the operating REA express car with the baggage thrower.
002.JPG

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #499
Nice car flyernut. I do not have any yet but I do like the red and green
passenger cars. LOL, they just look so AF.

481 - 500 of 636 Posts