Model Train Forum banner

561 - 573 of 573 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
This is what i added . to my collection. This was bad day to run trains kept having trouble pul-mor tire came apart one train kept derailing. Repairing another broke the revers unit . on my 310. So iam not touching my trains. Rest of the weekend. So her is the new pic.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #562
Nice Overland cars. I have 3 #20 coaches, need a baggage car. Did you get those from your train shop?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yes i did these r from grandpa train depot. Were i live the other one is apponaug hobby he has all kind of trains on the wall hanging from the ceing his dad collected them ho o gauge s gauge prew war post war. Lionel A.F.T. Marx. Ives . pretty cool plus other stuff. Those i bought 2. 30s and 1 20. Need wheels 2 missing no biggie.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Last week I needed to order a replacement lighting circuit board for one of my American Models cabooses. Thinking it would be a shame to just have a board sent I looked to see what else I might want. On the theory that one can never have too many cabooses I bought two more. A red PRR and the green NYC. I already have the red NYC, its the one that needs the new lighting board.

E3EEC84B-6A2A-47A5-B87C-E63F4A65C9D7.jpeg
BB328B6A-A57A-4AEB-A2A5-F8818F15E395.jpeg

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Thanks guys. As if this is not enough I have three more cabooses plus some box cars and hoppers on order from the MTH 2020 (and final) catalog. Might see these late this year or early next year.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #568 (Edited)
Nice cabooses Tom. I bought a Lionel Union Pacific caboose this week. It is brand new in box. I might have paid too much. 4.99 plus 8 or 9 shippng. 4.99 was opening bid and no one else bid on it. It will work for one of my UP northerns. Red or yellow would have been better ,but it is silver with black roof. 6-48703.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
How can $5 be too much for a NIB caboose? I have the yellow with red roof UP caboose, looks nice but it cost $49.95 plus shipping, new from American Models.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #571
I was kidding about paying too much. Seller probably not happy. Someone made a
Chicago & Northwestern green and yellow caboose. Not sure if it is Lionel or someone
else. I have seen a few of them. Never goes for under 50.00. I would like one but maybe too
nice for me. I have a Lionel PRR caboose. Its nice but not as nice as your new one.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
American Models makes a yellow with green roof C&NW same style as the two I posted above, $44.95. MTH has a spectacular one in their 2020 catalog for $69.95.
Lionel made an AF C&NW bay window caboose in 2018, #44111. It looks really nice, Catalog price was $69.99. Yellow with green roof.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #573
I am sure they are nice. Its just too much for a car for me. Many of the Lionel
cars drop in price after a few years old. But some don't. For some reason
C&NW cars hold their value.

561 - 573 of 573 Posts