Model Train Forum banner
941 - 960 of 996 Posts

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #941 ·
Kenny, you got some great cars there. And a bunch of them. I really like the BAR car on top. I need one of them.
I have almost stopped buying cars. I have more than will ever use.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Yes I do Tom. I thought I had posted a picture of it. I am so far behind on postings I don't remember what was posted or not. There are more NIB cars that are not pictured. Sharp eye to catch that Breen Bay and Western car.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Mopac I had stopped buying anything a while ago too. Something came upon me and I went on a buying spree! I missed several others on bidding including a couple of engines. Turned to BIN and have learned these people are more likely to deal. Everyone of the cars you see were all bought with my counter offer. Average counter, mindful of shipping, was 15% under asking price. All of the original posted prices, including shipping, were not out of line and under the Greenberg price guide to begin with. I checked the sold completed deals, the final selling prices were not out of line there either. Are sellers needing money and therefore willing to sell cheaper? Did I need these cars? Hardly. No room on the layout but I can cycle cars on and off the layout. Being NIB I couldn't resist.

Kenny

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #946 ·
I understand Kenny. I went through the same binge. No regrets. Like you said the prices were good.
I am waiting on a car to hit my mailbox. I bought another REA refrigerator car. NIB. 19.99 plus shipping.
I may already have one the same. Tom says you can't have too many REA cars. When you get time
take those cars out of the boxes and show us some pics.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Yeah I am planning on taking pictures of each car out of the box. Time is the issue right now. I agree that you can never have too many REA cars which is why there is one in that stack that I wasn't going to skip. I remember when your mailbox was generating boxes daily! lol

Kenny

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Some pictures of the recent purchases. The Green Bay car is a NIB. The other is like new showing very little run time on the wheels. The bottom two are NIB cars. Will post more later.

Kenny
Train Vehicle Rolling stock Orange Track

Wheel Train Orange Wood Lantern

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Thanks mopac. I got more but don't have time now to post. These were part of that stack I previously posted.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Here is a IC 623 reefer 3 spring car. I have another one with a 2 spring truck but somebody has changed it to a KC. Even though this car is in excellent condition, the fact that it had the 3 spring truck was why I bought it. The springs are not very distinct however, which tells me it was stamped in a worn die. Looks like I should have tipped it a little more so the spring details were more visible.

Kenny

Brown Rectangle Amber Wood Font

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I saved the best for last even though the pictures could have been better. Once again both are NIB. Now that I see them posted here I should have retaken them.
He left one is a 6-48389 Angela Trotter Thomas Christmas box car and the other one is a 6-48832 American Flyer Catalog Art box car. I have to take these over because they are way to nice. Nicer than they show here. They are NIB. I have 6 more NIB Christmas box cars that I haven't taken pictures of yet.

Kenny

Train Rolling stock Vehicle Track Railway

·
Registered
6,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #958 ·
Like Christmas Kenny, great stuff. Your oil depot looks nice. I got me a NIB oil depot also.
Different than yours. I just was not going to pay $100.00 for an original Gulf depot. Are you
going to run all your NIB cars or keep them new. I am undecided.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
First time I have seen the US Mail boxcar. The NYC hopper is part of the Historic American Railroads series #4 from 1986.
I have run most of my Christmas cars at least once on the layout. Kenny, except for the first and last pictures, your camera is focusing at infinity rather than on the car that is centered in the photo. It has me wondering why, with an auto focus camera that should not happen. I doubt that is operator error, on both of my cameras it take two extra steps to do that and it is not something that can be done accidentally.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Tom I have no idea about the picture taking problem. I didn't have time today to fool with the focus. I will have Saturday. I am not a picture taking expert by any means. I've never heard of focusing at infinity. As to the mail car, I knew of it somehow but never saw one. Then that one appeared on eBay and being brand new I wasn't about to pass it up. Then I got lucky and found all the other NIB cars so went crazy buying. All those light towers I have had for years. I've got 3 versions of the 596 water tank. The one in the picture doesn't have a controller. That is a 4th.
The box for the NYC hopper makes mention of the Historic American Railroads series and being #4 from 1986. Another series to look for. Thanks for the info.

Kenny

941 - 960 of 996 Posts