Model Train Forum banner
1341 - 1360 of 1377 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Great 314AW looking Defender. Glad Tom could help you make it work with that work around to make the whistle work.
Tom every time you suggest some kind of new approach to do something I make sure it gets filed in my "how to do it" file. Over the years I have repaired or restored many steam Flyer engines using my Tom Barker's 3 manuals but I still learn something new all the time. Thanks.

Kenny

·
Registered
7 Posts
I received the 314AW. I think it is really nice. It runs but needs a tune-up. Put oil in and it smokes. Don't know how the whistle unit works, or what extra's I have to buy, but will learn. Mainly interested in getting the engine running good for now. Overall, the paint and graphics are wonderful. Curious to what it would grade on the scale? 6 or 7? Owner said it sat for 40 yrs. but opened the tender and it has been rewired and the drum was like new. Lubed the loco and p View attachment 585637
View attachment 585636
View attachment 585635
View attachment 585634
View attachment 585633
ut it on the test stand and it started out very slowly but gained speed in no time. Here are some picks. I NEVER SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT MY FIRST STEAMER. Now I have 8. Wife is starting to question me.
Yeah that's how it goes. After the first one, you just can't stop at just that one. Sounds like are officially hooked. Kenny

·
Registered
196 Posts
Beautiful 314AW and Catalogue car! Summer has been busy so have not been here in a while, but hope you all are well, and looking forward to adding a few pics in here myself!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Cleaned the 740 hand truck complete put it back wouldn't run took apart silly me put wire wrong spot put it back runs great pretty cool.i will be staying in doors today and tomorrow it is 94 degrees. Know iwill tear down that 375 again and really go thru it had to miss something silly. Lol

1341 - 1360 of 1377 Posts