Model Train Forum banner
1441 - 1460 of 1506 Posts

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Flyernut, the 24569 Pikemaster crane car was made from 1962 through 1966. They have unpainted gray plastic chassis and booms, worth maybe $20 on a good day. Yours clearly has a tan boom, a distinctly different color of plastic from the base. I do not recall seeing one this color nor can I find any documentation of one. There is a picture of a 24569 in a boxed set on page 151 of Volume III, Sets by Joe Deger. The boom is clearly the same color gray as the base. Yours is an apparently undocumented variation. May or may not be worth more, but maybe clean it and keep it a while.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Picked up this group last week at a train show..The 931 has a small chip out of the lower edge but still a nice common car. It has all 4 steps and working couplers..The 925 tank car isn't too bad, working couplers and has all 4 steps, cast frame..The 921 hopper car is very nice, has all steps, and working knuckle couplers..The 24630 caboose is the nicest one I ever saw, spot-less, no stress cracks/marks, perfect catwalks,and not a spot of rust anywhere...I'm having a difficult time deciding whether
Train Rolling stock Wood Track Railway
to sell these or keep them. I bought them to resell, but they are very nice.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Picked up this group last week at a train show..The 931 has a small chip out of the lower edge but still a nice common car. It has all 4 steps and working couplers..The 925 tank car isn't too bad, working couplers and has all 4 steps, cast frame..The 921 hopper car is very nice, has all steps, and working knuckle couplers..The 24630 caboose is the nicest one I ever saw, spot-less, no stress cracks/marks, perfect catwalks,and not a spot of rust anywhere...I'm having a difficult time deciding whether View attachment 591356 to sell these or keep them. I bought them to resell, but they are very nice.
What I haven't mentioned is a nice running 283 came with this group. Of course I had to service it but it's a nice engine.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I have a 24630 cabosse but don't remember how it looks. Flyernut that one from what you show in the picture looks pretty nice.
I just examined my 24630. Not as nice as your's flyernut. No chips or anything else but not as shiny as yours either although if it were polished up it might be. It is not NOS quality. It has the non operating knuckle. I kind of pushed it off to the side not really paying attention to it. Plus it has no rear coupler. Just a 4 wheel rear truck.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Picked up this 48490 orange western Pacific box car over the week end. I've had the silver 48498 for some time but could never find the orange 48490. Both of these cars are NIB so I really did not want to take them out of the boxes for fear of tearing a flap. The 48498's in side car cover is not as smooth as the 48490 so the picture isn't as crisp as I'd like it to be. But rather then maybe tear the flap I left it as is.

Kenny

Motor vehicle Font Wood Gas Asphalt
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tail & brake light Gas

Attachments

1441 - 1460 of 1506 Posts