Model Train Forum banner
1461 - 1480 of 1506 Posts

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Here are some pictures from 2-1/2 years ago that I posted as part of a series on Convention Cars. It is hard to get a good picture through the cellophane window in the box. I run the Feather cars on my layout.
Kenny the bad news here might be there is a third Feather car, the 48307 from way back in 1988. I included the picture of the box as well. Might as well start searching for it now.

Packing materials Rectangle Shipping box Material property Font
Motor vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire Rolling stock
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Wood Font
Train Plant Rolling stock Track freight car
Vehicle Road surface Asphalt Track Rolling stock

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Tom my new handy dandy Greenburg 2023 price guide does show a 48307 Western Pacific box car. Checking eBay I found zero listed. It looks like what you said about might as well start looking for that 48307 now was good advise. Where was that picture you show taken?

Kenny

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Al those cars and engine do look a little rough. Not too sure I wouldn't do a custom paint on those coaches and try to repaint the 466 Comet engine. At least the graphics on the side shown in the picture are intact. Those are available.

Kenny

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,468 ·
Here are some pictures from 2-1/2 years ago that I posted as part of a series on Convention Cars. It is hard to get a good picture through the cellophane window in the box. I run the Feather cars on my layout.
Kenny the bad news here might be there is a third Feather car, the 48307 from way back in 1988. I included the picture of the box as well. Might as well start searching for it now.

View attachment 591586 View attachment 591587 View attachment 591588 View attachment 591589 View attachment 591590

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,469 ·
Kenny, you are correct, no 6-48307 on ebay right now. Went to completed auctions and there was 3
last month. It is a striking looking car. Keep watching. Yours will show up. One sold for 5.50, preowned-
like new. That was a deal. Let me know when you get one and I will start watching for mine.

Al, congrats on the new to you additions.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Kenny, the pictures of the 48307 car and its box were taken on my layout. I try to use different locations for pictures for some variety. Here is a different view of the same area. The orange Coles truck and the blue/white Entenmann's truck are visible to provide a location reference, the low red brick retaining wall is visible in front of the orange truck. The boxcar was sitting on the turnout heading into the tunnel.

Plant Architecture Urban design Grass Toy

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Tom I thought that was on your layout but since you said there MIGHT be another Western Pacific box car I will have to look out for I was confused since right there sat one. Then I went back and re-read your coment and figured out what you meant.
Some how I have accumulated a bunch of those trucks. I'd buy one here and there and before I knew it I got a good sized collection. Most are straight trucks but I do have a few semi's with pup trialers. I got no where to display them so I just switch them out every now and then. Like Al I need to find a collector's anonomous and join.

Kenny

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Yesterday FedEx delivered a new Legacy PRR Y3 from the 2022 catalog. Of course it had to immediately be unpacked, smoke fluid added (in two places since this has whistle steam), then programmed and run on the layout. The whistle sound is a higher pitch and sounds better to me than on the older Y3; the whistle steam is a great addition, I really like it.
Here are some pictures.

White Rectangle Automotive design Automotive tire Font
Train Plant Rolling stock Vehicle Locomotive
Train Vehicle Plant Rolling stock Motor vehicle
Train Rolling stock Track Railway Mode of transport
Motor vehicle Font Rectangle Gas Bumper

1461 - 1480 of 1506 Posts