Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! Thank you!! Its so much easier to search when i have the actual name.

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
The Woodland Scenics ones are for their Just Plug lighting system, which is a really nifty plug and play lighting system... although it gets pricey pretty quickly.

I also see some for sale on eBay.

·
Registered
983 Posts
The Woodland Scenics ones are for their Just Plug lighting system, which is a really nifty plug and play lighting system... although it gets pricey pretty quickly.
I use their plug & play light fixtures, but not their hubs, since I agree their hubs are kind of expensive. I bought a 3 amp 12V DC power adapter that feeds all my lights via an auxiliary buss. I chose an appropriate resistor in line with the LED lights to control the current through the LEDs. I don’t remember exactly what resistance I chose, but I tested a few different values and chose what I liked best. I tend to like my light levels on the low side. So you don’t need to use their whole system.

·
Registered
9,773 Posts
I use their plug & play light fixtures, but not their hubs, since I agree their hubs are kind of expensive. I bought a 3 amp 12V DC power adapter that feeds all my lights via an auxiliary buss. I chose an appropriate resistor in line with the LED lights to control the current through the LEDs. I don’t remember exactly what resistance I chose, but I tested a few different values and chose what I liked best. I tend to like my light levels on the low side. So you don’t need to use their whole system.
I was aware of that. Just wanted to warn the OP, without getting into details, that he wouldn't be able to use them right out of the box with their connectors and lack of resistors.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not have a just plug system nor do i plan to buy one. Are you guys aware of any lights such as this that can just be hooked up to my ac power source?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts