Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The State opened up pubs that have outdoor patios if they follow State guidelines. Which includes Social Distancing, must be seated, no mingling.

LOL, drove by 2 yesterday, they were packed in elbow to elbow. Numerous pubs received violation warnings over the weekend. I am guessing that there will be a lot of warnings issued.

Bill

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
Not here, :)

Notice no masks.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Tell me why come to a train forum to post a topic like this?

I think it might be a very heated debate with politics getting involved.....
I would of thought it’s best left on other outlets.
Not one where most of us like to go & not debate about life’s politics, or threats.

Ehh just my thoughts.

Then again I guess I could of just scrolled by this one & not posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
No masks again,

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts

Not one where most of us like to go & not debate about life’s politics, or threats.

Ehh just my thoughts.

Nothing else to do I guess?
It is in Union Station which IS for non train related threads?
You are right you didn't have to look?

And now YOU have initiated politics?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Nothing else to do I guess?
It is in Union Station which IS for non train related threads?
You are right you didn't have to look?

And now YOU have initiated politics?:rolleyes:
I’m sorry I did not mean too...

You are right it is in the union station area... that is for non train stuff my bad.

I guess I am just a bit tired of all this covid19 social distancing, stuff!
I have always love train shows,Car shows,Farm toy shows,And taking my girls to the park.
So far this year none of that... I know it is selfish a bit of me.....
I just am tired of telling my daughter no we can’t , because of the virus( sickness )
She is 5 it’s hard for her to understand.

Again I am sorry if it seemed like I wanted to add any political stance to any of this.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
I’m sorry I did not mean too...

You are right it is in the union station area... that is for non train stuff my bad.

I guess I am just a bit tired of all this covid19 social distancing, stuff!
I have always love train shows,Car shows,Farm toy shows,And taking my girls to the park.
So far this year none of that... I know it is selfish a bit of me.....
I just am tired of telling my daughter no we can’t , because of the virus( sickness )
She is 5 it’s hard for her to understand.

Again I am sorry if it seemed like I wanted to add any political stance to any of this.

I am tired of it all too !
Every corner you turn it is virus this virus that.
24 hours on the news since February, now working into commercials.
You can't get away from it !
I guess you are in the Midwest? Come around the NYC area.

They are starting to open things up around here, but the way you have to do it is screwed up.
You should be able to go to the park?
Just don't touch anything and hold your breath. :rolleyes:

And I still blame it all on the CCP, I also think they did this on purpose the ucks !
But I won't get into that.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Yeah Ohio here! You can go to the parks.... just no swings, no benches, no tables, & don’t go near anyone!
Yet we have picnic tables set up down town for outside dining????....

It is just crazy! Lol
That is all I’m going to say about it.
I really hate even talking about it any more. So many end up arguing about nonsense.

Have a great day & here is to it getting better sometime!!

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
Yeah Ohio here! You can go to the parks.... just no swings, no benches, no tables, & don’t go near anyone!
Yet we have picnic tables set up down town for outside dining????....

It is just crazy! Lol
That is all I’m going to say about it.
I really hate even talking about it any more. So many end up arguing about nonsense.

Have a great day & here is to it getting better sometime!!

I am hoping that the heat of summer will kill off a lot of it.
But like the flu it will return when the cold comes back.
And like the flu they will probably never really have an effective remedy.

That is it for me here too now, I just thought the tube thing was funny.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yes, a lot of inconsistencies, for sure!
The one topping it off though is wear a mask when going to a resturant. Okay, but how does that work out when your food arrives and you want to eat it?
Also you got to just love seeing those folks with their masks on but with their nostrils uncovered and exposed. Uh. How does that help things??? :(

·
Registered
450 Posts
The tube thing did make me smile!!! Lol

Yeah the mask thing is a bit redundant... no one had to wear one in the first few weeks , but now let’s reopen with all masks!! Lol
Ehhh I guess we are trying

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
No mystery about not wearing masks while water tubing......picture a wet mask, rendered useless by being soaked, and not being able to breathe through anyway.......makes sense you wouldn't see tubers wearing them, to me, anyway......

And masks don't protect YOU, as much as they protect the people around you from you; social distancing is more effective then the masks, as if you don't get close to people, you can't transmit or receive......and those tubers seem to be far enough apart in that pic, so....

As for the CCP causing all this, I just find it hard to believe they would want to kill off their largest trading party, that puts in trillions of commerce dollars into their economy......that certainly makes no sense at all, just sayin'.....

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Ehh just my thoughts.

The OGR Forum probably would be more to your liking. They don't allow these type of discussions.

Bill

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The tube thing did make me smile!!! Lol

Yeah the mask thing is a bit redundant... no one had to wear one in the first few weeks ,....
That's because idiots never heard of Typhoid Mary nor watched Chinese Nationals wearing masks for years..

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Train related
I kind of wonder if there will be any train shows this year. It's not looking good for York in the fall.
I saw an article this morning that Disney Springs was going to open, With an enter at your own risk and you have to sign a waiver.

In my are there won't be any train shows. What about where the rest of you live..

·
Registered
450 Posts
Train related
I kind of wonder if there will be any train shows this year. It's not looking good for York in the fall.
I saw an article this morning that Disney Springs was going to open, With an enter at your own risk and you have to sign a waiver.

In my are there won't be any train shows. What about where the rest of you live..
So far everything has been canceled..... all train shows, even events at our 1/4 scale train museum. The institution in Owosso has not said yeah , or nah yet. However their ticket sales are usually almost sold out by now in the past.....
every car show has cancelled. Some are still trying to set up cruises , but mayors put a stop to most.
So yeah don’t look good....

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It's been varied here but we are far less open than elsewhere --- yet we opened up more just the other day.

Since we appear stuck at 1000 per day new cases in the state and 50 deaths or so -- it's not clear this is a good idea. On the other hand we have no practical plan to be more aggressive that I can see.

For example (just to make something up that might work-ish) -- if the state distributed high grade N95 masks to every resident and said "Thou shall wear these!" -- perhaps we could open even more. Yet we simply don't have the masks to even think about doing that. Same issue with other ideas.

The other facet is the risks are murky to many folks. In my case we apparently lost someone at work who also sickened a bunch of people "who just had to go in" and somehow go the green light -- so perhaps I'm a little sensitive to a possible risk.

But many people know no one that has had it -- and depending on the zip code they live in there no cases or few (whereas in other hard hits zips -- hundreds or more...)

·
Registered
450 Posts
It's been varied here but we are far less open than elsewhere --- yet we opened up more just the other day.

Since we appear stuck at 1000 per day new cases in the state and 50 deaths or so -- it's not clear this is a good idea. On the other hand we have no practical plan to be more aggressive that I can see.

For example (just to make something up that might work-ish) -- if the state distributed high grade N95 masks to every resident and said "Thou shall wear these!" -- perhaps we could open even more. Yet we simply don't have the masks to even think about doing that. Same issue with other ideas.

The other facet is the risks are murky to many folks. In my case we apparently lost someone at work who also sickened a bunch of people "who just had to go in" and somehow go the green light -- so perhaps I'm a little sensitive to a possible risk.

But many people know no one that has had it -- and depending on the zip code they live in there no cases or few (whereas in other hard hits zips -- hundreds or more...)
Yeah... my county has had 18 cases at one time recorded.. now it’s only at 15 cases.... we did have 1 death however she had heart problems & was 90 years old.... not sure what happened first?
I am told that the case count is because 3 where tested here , but their address is out of our county???? ok I guess.

Yes I see a vaccine helping people, but it still will be around. Much like that flu.
I know I have been told not to compare it to the flu , but at this point it’s a virus like all other viruses. We just don’t have a proper way to treat it yet.

It’s all very confusing.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Well we have no way to treat it. We have some experimental compounds that may be helping I guess and that's about it. For many it's probably mild enough they don't got to the doc. But for those that qualify for a test here, 20% end up in the hospital and about 3% die eventually. It's tilted up by age but even so we have some young folks that have died.

Still the real number of cases is higher as we haven't tested to a large enough scope to pick up all the "I felt bad so I stayed at home"cases -- so we have no idea the real death rate. Yet it is worse than seasonal flu (which is convenient to compare it to) of which we have all had probably and have some immunity to or we get the shots etc. The seasonal flu is usually put at 1 in 1000 death rate but I've read this is simply a "modeled" value and not a specific case count. Whereas we are counting cases for this -- and then at least in this state, they adjust for "probables" who have died at home.

So this thing is quite a bit deadlier and more people end up at the hospital than the flu -- and so it makes sense to me to try to slow down the rate of infections until we get either things that really keep people from dying (hopefully sooner rather than latter -- and then of course ultimately the vaccine.

Failing in this -- the case rate will be so high there will be no room in the hospitals and or the morgue --- things will be all the worse.

On the other hand, a permanent stay at home order is not particularly realistic either. I think everyone knows that. Yet I'd like to see some solid plan before relaxing it -- and even here in this state which has been pretty pro-active in this area and put in place a pretty hard stay at home order...

I find the overall plan to be ... kinda lacking.

I'll just give you a simple example. I think I should be tested. I mean I think everyone should be tested at least one time. That's kind of an intuitive feeling I guess. I'd like a test. Why not!

But the state has no plans to do that -- not at all. I find that unrealistic then.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts