Model Train Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
No mystery about not wearing masks while water tubing......picture a wet mask, rendered useless by being soaked, and not being able to breathe through anyway.......makes sense you wouldn't see tubers wearing them, to me, anyway......

And masks don't protect YOU, as much as they protect the people around you from you; social distancing is more effective then the masks, as if you don't get close to people, you can't transmit or receive......and those tubers seem to be far enough apart in that pic, so....

As for the CCP causing all this, I just find it hard to believe they would want to kill off their largest trading party, that puts in trillions of commerce dollars into their economy......that certainly makes no sense at all, just sayin'.....
Yes but the reason they are wearing the tubes is for social distancing. Look at their hands they all have a drink, look at the wheels on the tubes. They are not going tubing. Ha Ha Ha.

Ocean City bar promotes social distancing with giant inflatable inner tube tables

Read it?

CCP? I know you are one that must love the Commie's, you sure as hell always stick up for them.
They have been ruining our manufacturing for a LONG time, what better way then to ruin our economy.
You have a red flag outside your igloo too?
flag-for-china_1f1e8-1f1f3.png

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have no idea what you are talking about again. But I'm not sure the tubes work. Maybe. And I still hope 80-90F temps does SOMETHING ... at least we'd have the summer to find more therapeutics. Of course we're just as likely to waste the given time. But there's always hope we'd not waste it.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
That's just Ed's conspiracy theory again.....don't know how the Chinese "ruined" the manufacturing.....the American capitalist companies are the ones that went looking for cheaper labor so they could make more profits, and they found it in China.....no one to blame but the U.S. companies themselves.....they would have went to Timbuktu if they could have found cheap labor there.....

The only way to change that is to stop all buying anything made there, then the U.S. companies would take notice.....but since it's all made there anyway, including almost all of our toy trains, there's not much hope that that will happen anytime soon....

And my flag is red.....and white, Canada, you know? :LOL:

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's a little hard to take social distancing seriously when the nightly updates showcase staff tripping over each other to take the microphone.

We are in higher-risk group so have food delivered, don't go out much, talk to neighbors at a distance, etc. Like to think it's been blown out of proportion but not taking chances.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I guess now that I've seen how fast it can spread here, and how after two increasingly stringent lock downs and orders to use masks which seemed you know "different"... and then watching it take a good 2 or 3 weeks to level out. I see that it does work to a point.

But I believe hindsight being 20-20 that we should have gone full on and really quarantined. Maybe bring the case load down...not just level it out. No doubt I'm in minority here with this idea ...

So had the governor tried this first people would have thought he was crazy ... I don't know if folks would have gone for it.

Even now if we had big change in new cases and we try to retightening or tighten further...

I wonder if it could happen...having spent a lot of political good will and all that as it is...

It almost seems like the band-aid removal problem-- is it better to just rip it off than peel slowly.(over the years I've come favor the rip it off approach)

Perhaps it is the same with this... Well we already started peeling slowly and it wasn't long before folks said there too much "ouchie" going on...

And we got half a band-aid hanging down...

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
Well, the whole thing got off on the wrong foot.....the leadership saying it's nothing, it'll go away, it'll be down to zero soon.....early full denial usually extends the actual remedial process to much longer that it needs to have been.....jumping on a fix sooner would have yielded better results.....

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Well, the whole thing got off on the wrong foot.....the leadership saying it's nothing, it'll go away, it'll be down to zero soon.....early full denial usually extends the actual remedial process to much longer that it needs to have been.....jumping on a fix sooner would have yielded better results.....
Could not, would not have been done sooner. Remember, no one died until "...assumed to be in the Seattle area on Feb 28, ..". So no one in the USA was going to mask, distance, quarantine before that.

Your right about leadership, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that they had medical 'experts' giving them conflicting advice.

By the way, I watched "Jaws" the other night. A very apropos movie.

wkipedia has a good timeline

·
Registered
521 Posts
That's just Ed's conspiracy theory again.....don't know how the Chinese "ruined" the manufacturing.....the American capitalist companies are the ones that went looking for cheaper labor so they could make more profits, and they found it in China.....no one to blame but the U.S. companies themselves.....they would have went to Timbuktu if they could have found cheap labor there.....

The only way to change that is to stop all buying anything made there, then the U.S. companies would take notice.....but since it's all made there anyway, including almost all of our toy trains, there's not much hope that that will happen anytime soon....

And my flag is red.....and white, Canada, you know? :LOL:

the stuff does not have to be made in china.

i got a train recently and it was made in korea

most manufacturing is not coming back to the us, it is too costly to make molds here and the raw materials are not always in the us .

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
the stuff does not have to be made in china.

i got a train recently and it was made in korea
No, it doesn't have to be made in China, but you'll have to convince the CEO's of the train manufactures of that.....

But now go and build a railway with 30 locomotives and 250 cars.....from Korea.....good luck with that....

It would be easier to do from Japan, but even they don't make the varieties in numbers that people really want..... and of course, at a decent (lower) price.....

·
Registered
378 Posts
Rumor has it that the Corona Virus Pandemic will greatly subside after November 3, 2020. It will still be around but not the big frontline story it is now. Oh Yeah has anyone tried to breath thru an N95 mask lately. I have several I use for media blasting protection. Hard to breath thru & hot to wear for any length of time.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Rumor has it that the Corona Virus Pandemic will greatly subside after November 3, 2020. It will still be around but not the big frontline story it is now. Oh Yeah has anyone tried to breath thru an N95 mask lately. I have several I use for media blasting protection. Hard to breath thru & hot to wear for any length of time.
That's not a rumor, it's something Erik Trump actually said.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts