Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Maybe you should try listing the items you are selling here first before putting them up on eBay... Then if you do not get any bites after a few days you could list the stuff on eBay and post up a link to the auction... This way you may find someone here who is interested and save yourself from having to pay those atrocious eBay fees... Of course this is just a suggestion :)

PS: I think that you should try your links after you post them just to be sure they work, because this one is not working either :eek:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I must voice an opinion here. I believe that posting a link to something that one has on Ebay or any other site is not much above spam. It is not showing much respect for fellow members of the site here. The powers that be may have a differing opinion and allow it. I just don't like to see it on the boards of any forum.

If one does put items on a sales site, he may have the members PM him and then provide a link......one that works, hopefully.

I may be out of line here but just my $.02.

Bob

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Posting links to eBay sales within the buy and sell section of the site is fine.

Obviously posting eBay links in the main forums or constantly spamming is not cool and that will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

To the original poster: You may also include a short description here to those who click the link only to find something they are NOT looking for will be happier ;)

regards,
John

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I have to agree with station master with one exception. If something does not sell in two weeks or more of solely being listed on the forum then I would accept it also being listed on EBay. Sometimes the right person is not in the right place. But listing it on the board as a link to EBay without giving members of the board a first chance is kind of out of place.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Also, for those who may not be aware, what we are doing here is 'thread crapping'. Sorry for the term, but that is the best way to describe it.

"{Negative} comments in a forums for sale area."

This isn't directed to anyone in particular, so please don't take it as such. Basically if we are not interested in what is going on in the thread, we pretend it's not here and move on.

I don't mind having the discussion, I'm all for it, but it should be a new thread ie 'eBay links in FSOT' and go at it there in Union Station or something like that.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
You guys seem to be very bashful on this site.
Actually, I think there was only 1 member who had an issue with it, and his voice has been heard (I could have easily deleted his post)

Please don't think less of the site because of this. The forum is new, and as such, is still trying to define it's sense of what is right for the forum. Just happens to be one of those cases.

I certainly don't have an issue with it, but .. your link is still broken :)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
WOW...all the other forums that I am a member of seem to not have any issues with this. You guys seem to be very bashful on this site. I have never had so many issues in such a short time span...
I apologize if you took my critique personally. Not intended to be that way. I just hate to see the site becoming a advertising site for Ebay. I hate to see the boards cluttered.

I always try to give members of the forum first chance to buy anything I have for sale. What doesn't sell goes on Ebay, cragslist, or kijiji. It's just something I do out of respect for my friends on the sites. Giving back to them for the things they do for me. It's just my preference I guess. My simple way of saying thank you. I hope that you can understand.

So, as I said before , my apologies.

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts