1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Built a flatcar...

Yes, those are Postwar trucks

Used parts from an MTH autorack frame

Also upgraded some Lionel gons for rolled steel service. Added scale couplers, replaced the trucks on one and added DT&I reporting marks and numbers.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,635 Posts
I like the wood look.
This reminds me of some members facination with the wild west and prior to the 1900 period. You just gave them an answer. Make your own.

Just my two cents, I would of tried to bend the staples and drill into the wood.
This would give a curve appearance and add a little more strength.
They are big though. Maybe they won't bend. It was just my idea. The important thing is that they work for you. Clever.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That will become a non-revenue flatcar for my sub on the DT&I, so that should be 'good enough' for something to get kicked around my yards. If I where to make a revenue flatcar it would be in styrene and at least 40'

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts
the trucks look too good on the 671. Ya got to rust them up a bit.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the trucks look too good on the 671. Ya got to rust them up a bit.:thumbsup:
Those trucks have been abused since that photo was taken. Or I could have said the road bought the gons used and they replaced the trucks, or some other feeble excuse

·
16,666 Posts
I'm chuckling to myself. Over on my prewar thread, I've been pulling my hair out (what little is left, mind you) trying my best to REMOVE rust on my old O cars.

And here on this thread you guys are talking about ADDING rust and weathering to these cars.

How about I save my rust shavings and send them over to you?!? :laugh:

Too funny. The custom work on your cars looks great ... rust and all!

Cheers,

TJ

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm chuckling to myself. Over on my prewar thread, I've been pulling my hair out (what little is left, mind you) trying my best to REMOVE rust on my old O cars.

And here on this thread you guys are talking about ADDING rust and weathering to these cars.

How about I save my rust shavings and send them over to you?!? :laugh:

Too funny. The custom work on your cars looks great ... rust and all!

Cheers,

TJ
You don't like rust?
Enjoy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts