Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes it is nice to simply sit with a cup of coffee and watch the trains run. I did that all morning.
for the past four or five weeks I was up every morning bnuilding my new shelves, or cleaning up the trainroom and the workshop (a formidable job in itself after a three week construction/war effort), and for the last week re-arranging and re-distributing my collection onto the new shelfs.

This morning I went up to begin some more work and decided screw it, pulled out the stool and got a cup of coffee and just ran what was on the layout. Nice.
Any work on the layout can wait until tomorrow . . . or later. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice!

I'm actually looking forward to a rainy weekend, so I can devote time on finishing the bench work I have planned, rather than doing yard work!

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I do that once or twice a week. Like today.

Reactions: BigGRacing

·
Registered
618 Posts
Lee had the attitude I need to get back into. I've also been cleaning, moving stuff around in addition to the myriad of home duties, keeping the peace, underwriting my kids' hobbies (not mine), so now I just want to just enjoy running some trains. I also get a lot of joy from just going into my train room and looking at stuff. Got a lot of stuff to look at, too much, really, but paring down can come in the fall...

·
Registered
690 Posts
I’m going to pick up one of the Lionel pub tables on Tuesday and then I’ll have a place for my coffee. I only have one of the pub stools but looking for another one to go with the table.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You guys have the right idea. Running the trains in circles pleases me because I can see them rolling down the tracks, just like the real thing. It's the reason I put so much effort into making them look realistic.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
When I started building my layout @ 2005, i had planned to be an operator but while doing some scenery and letting trains run I decided that i really liked just watching them run.
I also noticed how different things/trains could look from different places around the layout. I have not regretted this.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I agree. At one point I thought I would want a very intricate layout with lots of switches and different somewhat complicated things. I have definitely changed my plans for when I do build. There will be minimal switches, probably even manual switches instead of electric. Even though I have a good supply of both. And I think I'm just going to have several large loops and a couple of sidings. I would like it to be trouble-free, just a pleasure to watch go round and round

·
Registered
109 Posts
" I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round
I really love to watch them roll
No longer riding on the merry-go-round
I just had to let it go "
John Lennon

·
Registered
20 Posts
This morning I did MTH engines. I don't have many MTH engines left but I did keep a few. As long as the battery is good and charged they are fine.

A hot cup of coffee, your dog, a bear claw and trains is a great way to start the day.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Needs a tunnel.

Just kidding. Great layout and consists. An enjoyable video. Switching the camera angle was a nice touch. Love the fast passenger train and the slower freight.

Missed the dog :)

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very nice!! Thank you. that helped make my morning!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts