Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
*LOL* Nice, Jim! You know, at lunch, I visited an antique toy store about 20 minutes from here to look for some AF stuff. After going through the whole place, I found one car...not AF, but S scale...the load of pipe incomplete and with a $50 price tag on it. On the other hand, there were tons of that "L" brand O gauge and HO trains. I'm puzzled: I wonder why so many of their owners want to part with them?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW Len, the paperback is "Loaded" with info on building and setting up a layout! Lot's of layout for up to a 4'x8' sheet of plywood. Wiring all your accessories. It's really been a fun read, and informative!:)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Sounds good, Jim! I've tried reading some of those old ones and found them to be a riot. Things like "To look realistic, your model railroad track should have a good roadbed. This can easily be created by taking strips of 2 1/2" x 1/2" lumber and carefully sawing the edges on a 60-degree angle to get just the right appearance." It went on to suggest that, by using small nails to attach it to the family ping-pong table, it could easily be removed without damaging the surface of the table.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts