Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So can i use a Digitrax DCC controller for my Bachmann Layout so is Difitrax and Bachmann compable?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
All DCC is compatible. You can use any brand of controller.

Feel free to post as much as you want...there are no stupid questions. We all started from scratch at one time or another.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
All DCC is compatible. You can use any brand of controller.
To clarify slightly - any brand of decoder in the locomotives is compatible with any control system. DCC is a common standard for communication between the command system and decoders.

However command stations/throttles/power supplies will all need to be from the same manufacturer/system. You won't be able to mix and match NCE, Digitrax, MRC, etc. throttles on the same system.

·
Premium Member
10,332 Posts
Never apologize for posting too much.....every now and then, we have members who complain that there is not enough activity (posting) going on in the forum.....so post away!

·
Registered
9,016 Posts
Alex

The Forum is a community that includes newbies and experienced modelers.
We welcome questions from new (or even old) members. Your questions and
the answers a read by all...so all benefit from the information provided.
So, don't fret posting questions, no matter how many...besides, they give
some of us old retired folks something to do.

Don

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
I agree... post as much as you like! That's how you learn.

And while there are no dumb questions, you need to remember the answers you get. Because we actually answered this question for you once already... in one of your earlier threads: I don’t know if I should switch?

People WILL get tired of answering the same questions repeatedly.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,480 Posts
If no one posts anything there would be no forum. :)

Reactions: Old_Hobo

·
Registered
115 Posts
Never be afraid to ask questions!

A wise person once told me there was only 1 stupid question... The one you should have asked, but didn't. I have since added 2 more: The one you ask too quickly, and the one you ask over and over.

That's my 2 cents. And it also reminds me of one of my favorite sayings. There are no stupid questions, but there are stupid people who ask questions, LOL! (this is not meant to reflect on the OP, just light hearted comedy)

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,480 Posts
Never be afraid to ask questions!

A wise person once told me there was only 1 stupid question... The one you should have asked, but didn't. I have since added 2 more: The one you ask too quickly, and the one you ask over and over.

That's my 2 cents. And it also reminds me of one of my favorite sayings. There are no stupid questions, but there are stupid people who ask questions, LOL! (this is not meant to reflect on the OP, just light hearted comedy)
And you should have added. That, You Can't Fix Stupid. :geek:

EDIT, most of the time. :oops:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Let me throw out this little tidbit as well . . . . . DON'T throw away your DC controller, I was told on here and verified by reading the indruction manual that DigiTrax DCC controllers can accept DCs as "jump throttles" so you can have up to 3 trains running (DCC and 2 jumps) without having to be punching numbers back and forth, each controller will have it's own train to run

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
Let me throw out this little tidbit as well . . . . . DON'T throw away your DC controller, I was told on here and verified by reading the indruction manual that DigiTrax DCC controllers can accept DCs as "jump throttles" so you can have up to 3 trains running (DCC and 2 jumps) without having to be punching numbers back and forth, each controller will have it's own train to run
Well, that's true of every DCC system I'm aware of: if you don't want to be constantly punching in numbers to swap locos, you need one throttle per train.

Reactions: Wooky_Choo_Bacca
1 - 14 of 14 Posts