Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally finished the bench work for my layout, still have a little refining to do and will start cleaning up the mess tomorrow but should be able to start laying track this weekend. Don't plan on doing much for scenery for now and will be a fairly basic layout but will slowly add in details.
20210211_221620.jpg
20210211_221643.jpg
20210211_221533.jpg
20210211_221704.jpg

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes used screws so changes would be fairly easy. Also have a few sections bolted together so when the eventually servicing of the furnace, water heater, water softener is need it won't be to much trouble to access or replace them.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
That's gonna be one helluvan HO layout. Nice work. I envy your space.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All the locomotives and rolling stock in those last three pics I bought from a guy who posted on this forum. The post was over 9 months old but still had a bunch of stuff and ended up living only a hour from me and delivered it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Makes me wish I could use my whole basement to do something like that!
I was regretting a bit as I was building it but now that things are running smoothly I'm glad I did. Wasn't using the basement for anything else so was no loss of space either.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
I was regretting a bit as I was building it but now that things are running smoothly I'm glad I did. Wasn't using the basement for anything else so was no loss of space either.
Wife and I are having disagreements but we do use it mainly for storage as you can see from all the tubs in the pictures :rolleyes:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Depending on how you build your layout you can still retain a lot of storage space. Also going through all the stuff I had in my basement I realized half of it could be thrown.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Depending on how you build your layout you can still retain a lot of storage space. Also going through all the stuff I had in my basement I realized half of it could be thrown.
Oh I know this she's just stubborn lol... I have thrown out several bins worth of stuff already just from moving all the shelving units around to paint floors and walls...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts