Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Spokane Portland & Seattle reefer freight heading out of the Yakima Valley with a load of grapes heading to a winery somewhere.

Bill

P1140005.JPG

P1140006.JPG

P1140007.JPG

P1140008.JPG

P1140009.JPG

P1140010.JPG

P1140011.JPG

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Spence, 2 of Lionel's brake screecher reefers in the mix, does add quite a bit of extra sound ( noise ) to the layout.

Bill

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,884 Posts
I enjoy looking at all the stuff you have around on the layout. Plus the trains, :thumbsup:

This picture here, for the wire hookup, couldn't the wires be brought up from underneath so you wouldn't see them?
Or something made up to cover them?
I guess placing some of the bushes on top would not be safe?

P1140010.JPG

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
I noticed there is quite a traffic jam in town. And a Yuengling beer reefer that’s far from home.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This picture here, for the wire hookup, couldn't the wires be brought up from underneath so you wouldn't see them?

Big Ed, yep, a lot of wiring needs to be improved including wiring most of the buildings. But, this layout may have run its course. Been looking for a chunk of property to build on in the 30 to 40 acre size. Hopefully will find something this year.

Bill

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,884 Posts

Big Ed, yep, a lot of wiring needs to be improved including wiring most of the buildings. But, this layout may have run its course. Been looking for a chunk of property to build on in the 30 to 40 acre size. Hopefully will find something this year.

Bill
Wow, bigger and better. :smilie_daumenpos:

I pick up things I find laying around when I work.
Rocks, driftwood odd pieces of metal which I don't know what they are and put them in a box when I get home. Some fit right in somewhere.
I picked up a nice interesting shaped little piece of driftwood while delivering along side of the Delaware bay Friday.
If I carved out a little notch underneath it would fit perfect over that.
I thought I would add about the wire because everything else looks so nice the wiring stuck out like a sore thumb.

Wow, a 40 acre train layout......cool. :):thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Bill, I must admit I'm more amazed by all the boxes in the background!!

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's why you have to hide (I mean store) them under the platform.
LOL, Most of the stuff under the layout is Prewar, Postwar, AMT, and other manufactures such as Kusan. A lot of that stuff is what I had before we were married 51 years ago. So she had a pretty good idea what she was getting into many decades ago.

Bill

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Nice detail on those cars.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts