Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It looks like some of our new memebers are bad apples (most likely "bot" generated), and I think that you know which accounts I am talking about... Please ignore all posts made by the following users: hijk439, rstu334, suabo8608... Trust me, they are not talking about trains and are pathetic spammers!

For a temporary fix, please put them on your ignore list... Simply click on their usernames, then click on "add to ignore list," then click on "save list"...

I ask that everyone here please stick with us through this situation... If there are any individuals out there looking into registering on the Model Train Forum, I ask that you do not let these spammers deter you...

The issue has been resolved so no need to fret anymore ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes this is a real problem. I'd like to humbly suggest that B&M gets a promo to moderator, he's usually on and has proven a valuable member of our community:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Man, it seems like these spammers are hitting everywhere... I was checking out all of the usernames and e-mail addresses of the spammers on here and they are registered on a whole bunch of forums, it is crazy...

Like go to Google and enter the name of bobo690113, our newest "member," and look at how many different vBulletin forums he has registered on today... In my searches, I also found this thread talking about a couple of the usernames which signed up here...

Don't people from China and Japan have anything better to do than make bots which attack forums?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's also possible they have gotten around the special plug-in for registration that usually foils most auto spammers. I may change the answer to the NoSpam question and see if that helps.
That sounds like a good plan Tworail, hopefully it is the solution to them being able to register... They must have figured something out since this is the first time we have been spammed since I have joined :dunno:

·
Registered
99 Posts
SPAM.... it's PEOPLE!!!!

Man, why anyone would just want to sit around and jack with people like this just completely escapes... I mean, is their life so small, so boring that that's the best form of entertainment they can come up with?! The really sad part is a lot of the people probably actually have some very good computer programming skills... and this is how they choose to use them... Sad...

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SPAM.... it's PEOPLE!!!!
LOL, would you like me to change the thread title? :p

The really sad part is a lot of the people probably actually have some very good computer programming skills... and this is how they choose to use them... Sad...
Yea, I know... Too bad they choose to go this way, they could probably have a very successful life if they were not so dumb...

·
Registered
99 Posts
LOL, would you like me to change the thread title? :p

Nah... it's a sign I saw (photoshop stuff that goes around the emails at work...), implying spam is made of people :D I thought it was pretty funny :D

Now I can't see or hear or say spam w/out saying, SPAM- it's people!!

(I got a couple one-liners like that... :lol_hitting: )

...Stuff always had a funny aftertaste, anyway...:eek:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nah... it's a sign I saw (photoshop stuff that goes around the emails at work...), implying spam is made of people :D I thought it was pretty funny :D

Now I can't see or hear or say spam w/out saying, SPAM- it's people!!

(I got a couple one-liners like that... :lol_hitting: )

...Stuff always had a funny aftertaste, anyway...:eek:
Ohhhhh, I get it now, LOL

I am not sure that I have ever had SPAM... Stuff like that does not interest me, you know, eating meat out of a can...

Anyways, I find it funny watching the "bots" controlling the usernames to come on and try and post... They jump all over the place viewing random threads, but they can not do anything and get error messages, hahaha... I wish there was a way to delete the username so they can not come on period, but I do not think I can :eek:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
It seems like another wave of spammers from China or Japan are joining our forum... I have banned five people today already without even giving any of them a chance to post, LOL...

Luckly they are dumb enough to change their timezone to GMT+8, then with the help of Google it is lights out to them :knock_teeth_out:

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have banned five people today already without even giving any of them a chance to post, LOL... :knock_teeth_out:
:D

I think I've tried spam once or twice in my life. Someone tried to feed me pan-fried spam, once.... wow.

Uhh... think I'll naw on this chunck of bark instead, if ya don't mind :laugh:

·
Yard Master & Research
10,902 Posts
Spamming On

It seems like another wave of spammers from China or Japan are joining our forum... I have banned five people today already without even giving any of them a chance to post, LOL...

Keep up the Good Work:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I checked out the names, I can't believe it:eek:
My old Spam on Microsoft express alway seemed to coincide with school vacations. MMMMM LOL:laugh:

Spam in a can is an acquired taste,though I'm not an affectionado.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts