Model Train Forum banner

Step-By-Step-Picture Uploads

18K views 55 replies 20 participants last post by  gunrunnerjohn 
#1 ·
Posting pictures in the MTF forum. To insert a picture directly into your thread and have it appear in the message, follow the steps below.

Click on the paperclip icon on the toolbar.

Line Technology Electronic device Parallel

Click on the Browse... button.

Text Line Font Screenshot Technology

Browse to the proper folder and double-click the desired graphic.

Text Font Line Number Screenshot

Click on the Upload button.

Text Line Font Parallel Technology

Click on the paperclip icon on the toolbar again.

Text Line Font Parallel Screenshot

Click on the uploaded photo name, it is inserted at the cursor location.

Vehicle Aircraft Airplane Aviation Light aircraft

See less See more
#36 ·
HELP Totally frustrated trying to upload pictures(not videos). I'm not good on computers to begin with. Using Google on a Dell desktop to upload pictures stored in the pictures files on the the computer. Tried using the paper clip icon method as described above, tried using the attachments method. Everything works and loads and then the message "security token missing, contact administrators" pops up no matter what. For me, trying to read back through some of these posts is like a foreign language to me-I have no idea what they're talking about. I was able to load pictures a couple years ago, but not now.

#39 ·
Guys, I have absolutely no idea how reduce the file size or crop the picture size. When I posted pictures a couple of years ago a message appeared with the pictures that they had been(automatically I guess) resized and all was good. Does that not happen anymore?

#43 ·
Sadly, you have to do that before you post. The iPhone seems to be a particular offender, you look at it at home and it's fine, you post it and it's rotated! :(

What I do is use the excellent and free IrfanView graphics application to rotate them. For the iPhone, just process every picture and rotate it until it's right even if it looks right when you first view it. IrfanView will also allow you to resize the pictures to a more "forum friendly" 1280 wide format.

#48 ·
I have an Image / Photo question for John and the tech gang here ...

In the "old days", one would write a post, and then use the Manage Attachment tool to upload images, which would then need to be embedded into the written text with the tags.

But, at some point thereafter, the forum changed so that uploaded images would appear automatically in one's post (a good thing), but at the END of the written text.

Here's my question: How does one now write a post where there's some written text, then an image/photo, then some more text, then another image/photo? I.e.:

Bunch of written text

Photo

More written text

Another photo

Etc.

How does one now do that?

Thanks!

TJ

#50 ·
Ahh! How about that! Per John's instructions in Post #1 of this thread, old-dog TJ now tried clicking the Paper Clip icon a SECOND TIME, and then selecting each image with my cursor placed where I wanted the image to be "attached". Neat! Who knew?!?! Certainly not old dog me!

Thanks, John!!!

Oh ... one other thing: What does the checked or unchecked toggle "Automatically Embed Media" that's toward the bottom of the Advanced Post Settings do? Does that have something to do with the above?

Cheers,

TJ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.