Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all
I got a new wiring harness yesterday and replugged my decoder into my atlas diesel. I am still trying to run the simple 3 step cv setup for switching and its not working. I tried using JMRI also to program it. I notice the decoder doesnt even go to switching mode wiith CV54 set at 1. I am thinking my decoder sucks. Any suggestions for a good replacement without sound. I tcs has one for tht engine also. I live in western wisconsin and there are no people in our town that Iknow of running HO and dcc. Also its 45 miles to the nearest hobby shop so I guess I may just order one online.and see what happens. Its funny because my athearn sw's all work perfect with that 3 step program and cv54 set at 1.
Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
845 Posts
Which digitrax decoder do you have installed?

I have an Atlas trainman RS32 (which probably uses a similar mechanism as the GP38), and it seems to do well enough with a DZ126ps.

Other Atlas engines I have use a Digitrax DH126ps or DH165LO.

If you decide to replace the decoder with another make, I'd suggest a Soundtraxx MC1H102P8. This is a NON-sound (motor control only), postage-stamp sized decoder that plugs right into the 8-pin plug, no "wire tether" needed. Does fine with the engines I've installed into.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
ESU Lokpilot.

·
Registered
9,897 Posts
Does the decoder perform properly in a different loco? It's possible that you just have a bad decoder. It happens, even from a good company like Digitrax.

·
Registered
9,897 Posts
So, bad decoder.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts