Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Yard Master & Research
10,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's the fun in having a lot of rolling stock and nothing to haul?

A while back I dismantled a paper shredder. http://www.modeltrainforum.com/showpost.php?p=95351&postcount=80.

Basically I turned it into a container to hold a large power shaft complete with key ends.

The final look.

This shows the two sides I ended up painting more silver. The top are just colored dowels from the XMas Tree Shop for 69 cents a bag.

I decided on keeping the black color and just used highlights

The ends are dowels that were cut with a dremel cutting wheel, that is not recommended to do inside. It was kinda smokey.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I like it ,but what do you think they pose to be? I'm looking real hard but just can't figure it ,OR , is that the mistury load thats been spoted running back and forth on the rails late at night? hmmm ............Mike

·
Paper Shuffler Extraordinaire
1,611 Posts
It's neat to be able to troll around here and see what others come up with. Very easy to get too many good ideas for things :laugh:

Carl

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,040 Posts
Nice T man, you should add some radioactive signs or something to it.:D:thumbsup:

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,040 Posts
That looks like a face, a ghoul's face.:D

Add some blinking green LED lights too.:thumbsup:

·
Yard Master & Research
10,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Strange load Two

The beginning. I found this at a thrift shop and decided to use it for a strange load. It was long so I cut it down and played with a ping pong ball for effect.

A broken light saber.

Cut to size.

With a ping pong ball inside.

and out

In green, for Ed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts