Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out the catalog pricing logic.

The diecast military vehicles, which are very nice, are $50 each in catalog.

Railking Army flatcar with one military vehicle is $90, so $40 for Railking flatcar.

Premier Army flatcar with two military vehicles is $110, so $10 for Premier flat car.

Seems like heck of a deal on the Premier flats if correct.

Bill

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
My guess is that if you buy the individual military piece from MTH, you are paying quite a premium. I’m sure MTH gets them in volume for a fraction of the retail price. If I was in the market for some modern military diecast, I would be getting some of the Premier flats with military loads.

Not sure who is making the modern stuff for MTH. The military stuff I got from MTH (DUKW, howitzer, Wolverine, tanker truck) are Solido, but I didn’t see any of it at Solido.com.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess is that if you buy the individual military piece from MTH, you are paying quite a premium. I’m sure MTH gets them in volume for a fraction of the retail price. If I was in the market for some modern military diecast, I would be getting some of the Premier flats with military loads.

Not sure who is making the modern stuff for MTH. The military stuff I got from MTH (DUKW, howitzer, Wolverine, tanker truck) are Solido, but I didn’t see any of it at Solido.com.
I was told that Solido is the manufacture of the new vehicles in the catalog that are exclusive to MTH.

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts