Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
This brought back childhood memories. My grandfather showed me how to make something similar in a very simple way. I carved a thick piece of balsa into a bullet shape about 6 inches long. Then my grandfather drilled a hole onto the back of the balsa and added two eyelets bow and stern. String fishing line through it and strung it up between house and back fence (monorail). He then jammed a CO2 soda water cartridge into hole and punctured it with small hammer and nail. The bullet flew to the fence in a second. It was fun, but at mom's CO2 expense.

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,839 Posts
This brought back childhood memories. My grandfather showed me how to make something similar in a very simple way. I carved a thick piece of balsa into a bullet shape about 6 inches long. Then my grandfather drilled a hole onto the back of the balsa and added two eyelets bow and stern. String fishing line through it and strung it up between house and back fence (monorail). He then jammed a CO2 soda water cartridge into hole and punctured it with small hammer and nail. The bullet flue to the fence in a second. It was fun, but at mom's CO2 expense.
Now a day they do that on the computer. Ha Ha Ha

1 - 20 of 41 Posts