Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi (brand new here, this is a great site! You guys are all awesome!):
I am putting together a 4'x8' platform (N gauge) for Christmas, following in my father's footsteps. I have 3 different simple power packs (I don't understand the whole DCC thing yet) for 3 different engines/tracks - but I don't know how to mount them to my wood platform. They have no mounting holes/screws/brackets/etc... I have googled looking for alternative power packs, but am not finding anything. The best idea I have at this point is velcro (Which sounds ugly). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
TOm

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Welcome...

Depending on the height, you could mount them on an old keyboard tray that pulls out from under it. That was my plan 'til we got a 7' tree, now they just sit on the floor next to it.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,647 Posts
Use a 3/16 plywood strip that sticks out on two sides. Two part expoxy to the bottom od the transformer. Use four bolts and set the transformer down. You can use a cross piece between two bolts to adjust the placement Use a wing nut and tighten.

Something like that. Or just screw down the plywood. The wider the plywood the better adhesion of the epoxy.
Hopefully these are not huge.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts