Model Train Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there doesn't seem to be any support for avi files greater than 5mb ... jpeg and zips can be up to 15mb .. i'm trying to upload an AVI at 19mb....
Can the extension AVI be added or should i convert to a zip file ??

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, doesn't work, bur thanks for trying, lol
The file now gives a 'missing security token' message on the 18.5MB file ...
a second version [13.5MB AVI] just hangs on upload, no message, nothing ..
I will maybe try as a ZIP file, can't hurt ..... ??
It's nothing important, just thought I would add it ..

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
actually just tried youtube this morning ... for some reason the first file of 18 something meg is held up in processing [avi format] for more than twenty minutes ..
the second [which is just shorter] at 13 something meg, again in AVI format, went through okay, and is now available ... no idea on why the difference ??

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Just depends upon how busy their servers are. They are dealing with thousands of videos an hour.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
odd thing that i found this morning .. i uploaded the videos to youtube , and both uploaded , well, okay as far as i could see ..
however, the larger of the two [which gave errors here] wound up being in processing for half an hour .. the smaller one [wihch is basically the same] went through with no processing errors, both on youtube and now here ...
and yet i can view the larger one on my system fine ??

·
Administrator
747 Posts
Hello,

if you experience issues with token expiration I recommend clearing your cache and cookies, as that usually resolves those issues. If they persist still let us know.

Gerrit

·
Admin
43,709 Posts
Actually, in this case, it's typically the size of the files that gives that error. Whenever we try to upload too much data in one chunk, that error appears. I can upload a bunch of 5meg graphics one or two at a time, but if I just queue them all up, I will always get that error. If the graphics are reduced in size, they'll all upload in a group.

This is constant, and over the years I've cleared my cookies many times.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts