Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 5 switch kats on my layout and they work perfectly.... except that 4 use the N setting for straight and the 5th on uses the N setting for turn out. Has anyone figured out how to program these things? Cause my next step is start creating some routing sequences to control more than one switch kat with just one command. (if number 4 is turned out then also switch number 2 to turnout) If that can only be done in JMRI please tell me.

·
Registered
9,452 Posts
Did the Switch Kat come with directions? They should tell you how to flip the normal direction of the points.

You should be able to program.routes using nothing but your DCC controller. JMRI will make it easier, but it's not necessary. Unfortunately, I don't use those devices so I can't give you soecifics

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have 5 switch kats on my layout and they work perfectly.... except that 4 use the N setting for straight and the 5th on uses the N setting for turn out. Has anyone figured out how to program these things? Cause my next step is start creating some routing sequences to control more than one switch kat with just one command. (if number 4 is turned out then also switch number 2 to turnout) If that can only be done in JMRI please tell me.
I would just google how to program nce switch kat . I just did and they have videos on how to do it on a lot of controllers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I reversed the wires from the switch and now everything works properly. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts