Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to take a vacation from wire-guided cars and trucks - I've rather burned myself out working so hard on them over the past eleven weeks. It really was mentaly taxing, detailed work. So I'm going to do some light projects for a while. I'm building the two church kits shown below, a TW TrainWorx laser-cut fiberwood kit and a City Builder series card stock model. The two boxes may differ in size a good deal but the promised buildings will be about the same size. Depending on results one or both may go on the layout.

Also going to do an inventory of all my diecast vehicles and locos and rolling stock. Something useful and not mentally challenging - going to give my mind a rest for a while.
Churches.jpg

·
Registered
444 Posts
Home vacation time will resume after the July 15th Tax Filing deadline. I am a proud charter member of Procrastinators Anonymous. Unfortunately I keep forgetting to attend the meetings. Hmm I wonder if they are even have meetings with Pandemic guidelines and such. If I remember I will give them a call tomorrow if I remember where I jotted the phone # down.

LATER??

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Lee, what became of the Cathedral project? I must have missed it's conclusion.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Both church kits look great, Lee! While the wire guided car project is great, I can believe it that it could get too intense after a while with all the considerations to try to finally get it working. I'll be glad to see what you come up with for an inventory of your massive fleet of vehicles!! :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
Got the taxes done before the 7/15 deadline. Mailed out on 7/15. Woke up the morning of 7/16. Having morning coffee while watching the morning news my daughter called and I learned from her that the IRS extended the deadline to 7/17. I just about threw the coffee mug thru the front window. At least our president cannot be blamed for the extension or can he?
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

MY STAY AT HOME VACATION

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lee, what became of the Cathedral project? I must have missed it's conclusion.
Well, as it grew, I just didn't like it. It was going to be too big, hukling over and dominating the entire layout. I could imagine visitors thinking: "My, how lovely, a big cathedral. It looks grand. Oh wait . . . I see you have some model trains, too."

The conceptual inspiration for my layout's town is Trinidad, Colo in the late 1950s and early 1960s. I realized as the cathedral crew and i didn't like it that Trinidad had several nice stone churches, but none that dominated the landscape. So now I hope to have at least one, and I hope, two, of these in place. Not sure though. Have to see them when done . . . I hope to modify one of them so it has a slightly smaller footprint and can fit inside the road loop on the non-tunnel end of Main street. That would be a perfect place for a church, if I can fit one of them into the parcel of space in the center of the loop.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Both church kits look great, Lee! While the wire guided car project is great, I can believe it that it could get too intense after a while with all the considerations to try to finally get it working. I'll be glad to see what you come up with for an inventory of your massive fleet of vehicles!! :D
Mark, nice seeing you here. Hope you'll be as active a poster on MTF as you are on OGR. Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Got the taxes done before the 7/15 deadline. Mailed out on 7/15. Woke up the morning of 7/16. Having morning coffee while watching the morning news my daughter called and I learned from her that the IRS extended the deadline to 7/17. ...

MY STAY AT HOME VACATION
Mailed my tax return on February 4. All my coffee mugs are intact :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts