Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an American Flyer 332, (DC) without a tender. They haven't seemed to have come up very often on ebay. So I am wondering can we use the Market Place Forum to list "want to buys?" or "want to trade?".

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Absolutely

Hi,old fellow. You are in the right place. Welcome to the forum. At the top of this page are the forum rules. if you haven`t read them yet. might be a good idea,will tell you what goes or not. You might find one here,I`m not into that gauge but I have a friend who is. I`ll check.

Have a good sunday,sanepilot

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
While you may find one, it will be a hard find indeed. If you have no luck, try Port Lines Hobbies on the internet. Doug Peck is the owner and his email address is listed on the site. Send him a message about your needs. He is a good guy with exceptional knowledge on Flyer items. He may be able to hook you up. The 332 is a Northern...if not mistaken, they also produced a 334 DC, so that tender should work as well. My guess is any Northern tender may work, you just need to remove the reverse unit inside and wire it for two leads to the DC motor.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
tender

Hi,oldfellow.. Talked to Dick last night and he doesn`t have any he wants to part with. Said he had a lot of track. sorry.

Have a great day,sanepilot:smilie_daumenpos:

·
Registered
852 Posts
There are a couple hudson tenders available on ebay - gets you the trucks. The frame can be stretched with a little brass and epoxy. A shell will come up every so often.

You can always run it with the hudson tender while you collect the rest of the parts - or just make a shell. There is a nice vanderbilt tender tutorial of sorts in the O forum. You could do the hybrid hudson vanderbilt and not cut the frame - I'd be leaning that way myself.

HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts