Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to know what issue of Greenberg's Guide to Lionel Trains, 1945-1969, came with a detailed section about Lionel tenders. I have the 10th anniversary issue which came out in 1987 and I believe the tender issue was the one before this. I obtained a copy of page 14, which has the breakdown of 2046W tenders by year. Photo attached. I know this section was larger than just this one page and I would love to have copies of the other pages so I can better define my tenders. Does anyone recognize this page? Can someone help me?

Thank you very much. Rirocket

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
If your not familiar this Link to Tandem Associates may help you. Not Greenberg but informative. Scroll to the bottom for similar info on other categories (Loco's, passenger cars, accessories, etc.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am wanting to know what issue of Greenberg's Guide to Lionel Trains, 1945-1969, came with a detailed section about Lionel tenders. I have the 10th anniversary issue which came out in 1987 and I believe the tender issue was the one before this. I obtained a copy of page 14, which has the breakdown of 2046W tenders by year. Photo attached. I know this section was larger than just this one page and I would love to have copies of the other pages so I can better define my tenders. Does anyone recognize this page? Can someone help me?

View attachment 545834

Thank you very much. Rirocket
Thank you Mike. I am familiar with Tandem. They do have a nice website. However, they don't go into the variations of the tenders. They are good at telling you what tender goes with what locomotive, but not good at telling you the difference between an early 2046W and a later 2046W like Greenberg does. But thank you anyway.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That page is from the Greenberg’s guide with copyright 1984. You’ve got page 14, and the information continues on page 15. The next several pages cover the steam turbine. I had not noticed before, but that edition of Greenberg’s does have a lot of information on steam engines.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That page is from the Greenberg’s guide with copyright 1984. You’ve got page 14, and the information continues on page 15. The next several pages cover the steam turbine. I had not noticed before, but that edition of Greenberg’s does have a lot of information on steam engines.
Thank you very much !!! Greatly appreciated.

Is there anyone out there that might have this issue? I would be happy to pay for expenses to mail me copies of just this tender section.
Rirocket

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
David Doyles Catalog of Lionel Trains 1945-1969 2nd edition also covers tender variations.
Its the one with the SF F3 on the cover. The 1st edition with the steam engines is no where near extensive regarding tenders. There are a few on eBay now.

Pete

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thank you very much !!! Greatly appreciated.

Is there anyone out there that might have this issue? I would be happy to pay for expenses to mail me copies of just this tender section.
Rirocket
I have the book. Do you just want pages 14 and 15? I can scan them in and e-mail as an attachment if you PM me with your e-mail address.

Keith

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
David Doyles Catalog of Lionel Trains 1945-1969 2nd edition also covers tender variations.
Its the one with the SF F3 on the cover. The 1st edition with the steam engines is no where near extensive regarding tenders. There are a few on eBay now.

Pete
Thank you Pete. I don't think I'm familiar with Doyle's book. I'll look into it. Thanks again.
Rirocket

1 - 8 of 8 Posts