Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bachmann Alco 2-6-0 mogul DCC sound Value and I recently bought a 8 pin plug so I can wire up the engine. I have no idea where the the plugs go onto the Soundtraxx board. I am also having trouble with figuring out where the tender trucks go along with the back up light on the tender. Their is a bunch of lettering on the Soundtraxx board and I don’t know what the letters on the side mean.The only wires I have fitted on the board is the sound speaker since I found a picture of that on the internet. I was wondering if someone else has this engine and can help out. I’ll take all the help and info I can get no matter how small of an effort.

Attachments

·
Yard Master & Research
11,763 Posts
SOUNDS like you need technical information. To start I found a quick guide and a manual from 2011 just before your board. The page

Sorry nothing about your board just operational stuff. You have to look for on board installation. The manual hardware hookup and programming.

Browse their site and check out their videos. I guess you are looking for an installion instruction for an on board sound board. I see plenty of boards for sale but no instructions. (n)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Well that harness on the plug is not up to standards AFAIK. The wires are supposed to be color coded (black, red, gray, orange, etc) so you know which lead goes to what.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already fixed it I called Bachmann trains and they sent me a picture telling me the wire numbers. Which are from 1-8 and they tell you where they go according to the number. I just didn’t add the sound speaker because I didn’t want to deal with the wires popping off. That happened a lot trying to get this train to run.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can send a picture of what the paper I got looks like so you guys can fix your train if you have the same problem. Or just send it on every HO forum you can think of so everyone can solve this issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts