Model Train Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I now have all the track laid on the upper level, just need to run and solder some feeders, and get the turnout motors hooked up. Then it's plaster cloth time!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Plaster cloth is messy, lol!

This is going to need a smear of plaster to smooth everything out once this first layer sets.
Wood Asphalt Road surface Flooring Floor

Automotive tire Wood Slope Asphalt Urban design

Coming along slowly. I thought this would be more fun than it is. It's a bit tedious around the details.

I need to start keeping my eyes peeled for some cheap house paint I can get tinted to look like dirt.

·
Registered
671 Posts
It's looking good. Take a look at Habitat for Humanity resell store or a similar place for your cheap paint. They sell construction and other household items donated. Most is used but sometimes stores donate new.

Reactions: JeffHurl

·
Registered
411 Posts
I need to start keeping my eyes peeled for some cheap house paint I can get tinted to look like dirt.
In the off chance that you (or others reading) didn’t know, most big stores like Home Depot have a rack of Oops! Paint. No that’s not a brand. It is color matched paint that was mis-matched. These are always on clearance. Often times you'll find neon oranges or purples, but it is not uncommon to find tans & browns, or even a slightly off-color chalkboard green or bit too olivey olive drab. You might only find a single quart one week, might find two usable gallons the next.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
My sister came over this past weekend. She has always been fascinated with small things, so we had some fun and placed a lot of the structures I have been building. It's coming along nicely.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Urban design Automotive tire

Building Snow Urban design Biome Landscape

Property Infrastructure Urban design Line Residential area

Urban design Motor vehicle Engineering Landscape Transport hub

Snow Textile Architecture Urban design Wall

Urban design Automotive design Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt

·
Registered
411 Posts
That mansion with turret looks like it’ll be great fun. Reminds me of an 1800s hotel that I woulda/shoulda bought had I not bought my current home 12-15 months prior.
Is that a 1 piece 3D print? I wouldn’t be able to resist having one wall hinged/removable & do a full interior. But I’m crazy like that.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts