Model Train Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
But that only allows posters to emphasize items different fonts/colors. A member with problems viewing posts i doesn't have this option to enlarge or change fonts while viewing.

Try the CTRL Scroll. It's quick and you can reset it on the fly. As I mentioned before, very handy when viewing pic.'s to zoom in on a detail, then just zoom back out.

Left thumb on CTRL, scroll up and down.
But that only allows posters to emphasize items different fonts/colors. A member with problems viewing posts i doesn't have this option to enlarge or change fonts while viewing.

Try the CTRL Scroll. It's quick and you can reset it on the fly. As I mentioned before, very handy when viewing pic.'s to zoom in on a detail, then just zoom back out.

Left thumb on CTRL, scroll up and down.
And how, exactly does that work on a tablet....? :D

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
If the default font was larger, it would take care of any viewing device! That's my point.
Yes, that's the ideal solution. I gather it's not a readily available option for the forum's admins (e.g., you).

Is there a contact point for the forum's S/W or owner, a help line or what not? Perhaps it's an easy and/or readily available change we could request. After all we have members that are less active becuase of the default font. Thus less ad views/clicks. It's in their best interest.

·
Registered
92 Posts
After reading this topic, I'd like to report another problem that I'm not sure is based on forum software or Chrome browser that I use. Problem is:

Every MTF tab (and I always have several open) starts with MTF in bright red on bright blue background (even in dark mode) and then is followed by (2) and thread name, all in white on a bright blue background. Of course, with multiple threads open, I can only read "MTH (2) x" with "x" being the first letter of the thread name. Makes it kind of hard to change to the tab I'm looking to read at the moment.

I've already contacted the software "manager" through the contact link at the bottom of each page, but was just wondering if anybody else had this problem? (I normally have 17 tabs open when I start Chrome, but not all of them are MTF tabs.

Chuck

·
Registered
66 Posts
the [X2] is the number of alerts on your profile ... either you go there first and delete the alerts [they are automatically generated unless you change your preferences], or they will always show up as part of the title ..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thank you, Aard D'Vaark. I don't think I ever would have figured that out. You would think the software developers might have limited that action to the first open tab with a pop-up explanation when that tab was clicked.

Thanks again.
Chuck

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
One thing I miss (though there may be a way to do this that I've not been able to discover) is some type of marker on each thread header on each forum page to show whether or not I've replied to that thread. The old forum had such a marker, but this one doesn't. I know there is an option under my account preferences to automatically follow threads I interact with, but it would be nice to have something on the thread header.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts