Model Train Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Late starter, the middle engine (E7509) looks fascinating! It appears the electric motors drive non rail contact wheels that power the drive wheels with a mechanism left over from the steam era! You get everything with this engine, steam type drive with Catenary power, doesn't get any better!

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
... with a mechanism left over from the steam era! You get everything with this engine, steam type drive with Catenary power, doesn't get any better!
And that's precisely what attracted me to it in the Brawa inventory.
Very cool.
I believe it's circa 1930's/'40's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I model in TT scale and everything is European. I have 9 diesel locomotives in my DB Bahnbau Gleisbau Duisburg-Wedau train yard and 3 more for freight and coal and 2 steam for the holiday excursion trains and few old steam switchers. Many from East Germany.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
You probably already knew this, but Auhagen has a large selection of TT structures.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You probably already knew this, but Auhagen has a large selection of TT structures.
I have few in my train yard, I have a Temos dual locomotive shed as it was the closest in appearance to the real one. Also have the watertowers too (in N scale as the TT is too tall 130 scale feet vs 95 in the N).Many YouTube videos of that area, also have that area pin in Google maps.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts