Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Yard Master & Research
10,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How bad is yours! We take pride in our collections. Some are more favored than others, But let's face it. Everyone has a basket case. The question is what to do with it. Fix it, get parts, whatever. MIne is a recnetly purchased caboose 6119-25 made by Lionel between 1957 and 59. It looked like a rat feasted on it. The car did me a favor. It set the pricing for the box. It was jammed pack. Seven other cars, two switches, and transformer were all hidden under rusty track. I have a lot of tuning up to do. So here is my cherished basket case.

After the tuning/cleaning I think I may leave it. Dinosaurs et al.

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
That's pretty wicked...I wouldn't change a thing.:thumbsup:

This one's mine...an older Tyco Chattanooga Choo Choo with the full valve gear and pilot truck...

·
Yard Master & Research
10,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep,they go so fast and fly off the table.:eek:hwell:

Everyone wants to get into the act.

I am trying to decide what to do about the switch tower. Colors? It will house the reverse unit.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sooo the complete opposite of a normal tower. Orange?
I have googled images and the wood has me stuptified. Brick I could go with red.

The brown is the darkest color aside from the black steamers

I have some bright blue. Inchecking colors I have a seafoam green that has a commercial look. Black Plum is interesting dark but very off beat.Almost colonial. My Ford truck is that color.What about trim and the roof for Plum.
How about Daffodill a yellow green it would fit for the trim. The roof leave it grey? The daffodill will accent it You have inspired me Shay. This has had me stumped for weeks. I want a different color so Plum is it.

Thanks!

I can always repaint!:)

·
Yard Master & Research
10,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ta da

Marigold trim, Slate grey roof, Eggplant siding.
The paint job didn't deserve a close up .:)
I went first class with a bamboo skewer as a chimney.

Any more wrecks, meltdowns, cracks or whatever?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts