Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:)

I had the vacuum up there to clean up the dry wall dust on the display platforms after I screwed it into the wall and thought I might as well vacuum up the whole thing. Used the radiator tool to do the tracks and in-between.

Now to mess it all up again.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Although seriously, I have a small hand held vacuum and an adapter that fits tiny nozzles and brushes on a standard 1.5" vacuum hose. I use these on my layout all the time.

·
Hobo for Life
5,953 Posts
To add, a stocking or patyhose on the end of a vacum hose can help you find that odd screw that might have fallen off the train or you dropped on the layout and cant find!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To add, a stocking or patyhose on the end of a vacum hose can help you find that odd screw that might have fallen off the train or you dropped on the layout and cant find!
Now that's a great idea and one I wish I had thought of a few weeks ago when a tiny tender retaining screw disappeared from one of my Rivarossi 4-4-0's.

And CT Valley, I just put a small vacuum cleaner on my shopping list.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Also an excellent way to collect and save ground cover material/ballast/etc...very good idea I will implement!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also an excellent way to collect and save ground cover material/ballast/etc...very good idea I will implement!
Pretty timely, I was in Walmart yesterday and picked up this shop vac on sale for $32. I had picked up a small hand held one for $25 but swapped it.

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
I put so much extra ground cover down in order to make sure I get everything covered that the hose-over-hose would fill/clog up too quick. So I got a dedicated hand-held vac for that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts