Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to add this: I mainly put this here to see if there was anything you guys think I could do to make the new layout better.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Well it's a little hard to figure it out from eye level ... But I do like those shots. Did you use a cell phone or something else to take them? If it were me as you have them in hand, I might make a tunnel or (easy) over pass out if the legos or other items...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Well I've had loads of carpet layouts. There's a big plus to them though.

Loads of space... If you can remember where to step. But more importantly you can take it all apart, box it up... And do something else for awhile.

The downsides are many... height being one of them...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used my phone when it was shots of the train passing by and a gopro on the train.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm building a layout off the floor now. That's what I wanted tips to make out of legos or improve it

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
You've got some kinks in that straight section at 2:50, might want to see if you can straighten them a bit. Also, you might want to see if you can support the track a bit better before it goes over that bridge. That bending could eventually weaken the rail joiners. You're not the only YouTuber with a carpet mounted layout: Sam'sTrains

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Well, I for one am impressed. So is my 2 year old granddaughter who watched the whole ride. We liked Bureau Campground and Chair Tunnel. Curious the train did not stop at Lego Station?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My track is no longer carpet mounted and no longer has a bridge. Thanks for the advice though!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The train doesn't stop at the station because since it's transporting freight there is no need to stop for passengers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts