Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
What a minute. There are people out there now saying it all ends in 12 years.

We will never make it to 2525. Humans that is.....:D

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
In the year 2525 came out in 1968
The overriding theme, of a world doomed by its passive acquiescence to and over dependence on its own overdone technologies

Eve of Destruction came out in 1965
A protest song. References social issues of its period, including the assassination of John F. Kennedy, the Vietnam War, the draft, the threat of nuclear war, the Civil Rights movement, turmoil in the Middle East, and the American space program.

Both songs came out during the Vietnam era.

So far we have survived along with the prediction in 1970 that we were headed for another Ice Age and the world would run out oil.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
In the year 2525 came out in 1968
The overriding theme, of a world doomed by its passive acquiescence to and over dependence on its own overdone technologies

Eve of Destruction came out in 1965
A protest song. References social issues of its period, including the assassination of John F. Kennedy, the Vietnam War, the draft, the threat of nuclear war, the Civil Rights movement, turmoil in the Middle East, and the American space program.

Both songs came out during the Vietnam era.

So far we have survived along with the prediction in 1970 that we were headed for another Ice Age and the world would run out oil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I98KeKV_F9g

Yeah...who knew that the worlds population would double between 1970 to today .....3.5billion to 7billion with a corresponding increase in the extraction and use of the planets natural resources...many of which are not renewable. Projections are we will be close to 10 billion people in another 30 years.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Twenty years ago I ordered a Time magazine subscription. It came with two bonus books (pamphlets). One was maps oif the world, useful, for example, to locate Tobago before the Internet age.

The second "free gift" was "The Thousand Events That Changed Mankind." It was chronologically categorized into themes: Religion, Technology, Communication, War, & Politics.

Significant entries included the printing press, the Magna Carter, the electric light and so on.

Of the thousand pages, the first page, page 1: War in the Middle East.

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
Population reduction may indeed be the the only way for our species' survival.....although I believe it will come in the form of some kind virus or plague, as that will kill more than nukes......:eek:hwell:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
What did I tell you....? :eek:hwell:
:welcome:

Got a call today, my school bus driving job ends Wednesday.
Thank my lucky stars I have a pension and soc. sec.
(My 401K took a nose dive.)

Anyone have about 18" of HO code 83 track I can have for free? Can't finish my layout:mad:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts