Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know Lee as an ingenious and industrious modeler. Not everyone may know of his generosity.

He is an accomplished author of Electrical Engineering books as well as books on O scale vehicles. The books are available on Amazon, but he offered the vehicle books free to anyone here on MTF. He also had contests here and gave away prizes at his own expense.

A month or so ago, he posted about a Streets vehicle that he converted to wire guided and then trashed the Streets chassis. I replied to the tread that if he was going to trash any more working Streets chassis, I would gladly pay a reasonable amount for them. I was expecting a few Streets chassis with no body. He ended up sending me a few streets chassis as well as a dozen of his Streets vehicles. My Cost? Zero. Nada. Zilch. He wouldn’t even accept reimbursement for shipping. Who Does that?

So now I have these excellent Streets models that were crafted by Lee and featured in his books. I’m going to have a lot of fun with them. Thanks Lee.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Same here, he mentioned on here that he had some extra vehicles left over from a project. I asked it he could send me a few, he sent me all of them!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I never knew about his books. His electrical and mechanical prowess, especially with O scale is most notable.

Nice selection of cars Bob. I like the heavy rescue truck and the VW bus the most...

Enjoy!

Tom

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Lee's generosity is shown here every day, with every post. He constantly shares his knowledge with the rest of us. Anyone who reads Lee's posts comes away with a greater understanding and, perhaps knowledge of something perviously unknown. This is Lee's true worth. He is unselfish in all manner of things.

Reactions: highvoltage

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I mentioned in my first post that I will have fun with these. I’ve been running them on my O72 loop to compare speeds so I can tell which ones I can run together; which ones might get their rectifiers removed and which ones might get a diode or two. I used one of the bare chassis to make a Streets mail truck from a cheapo pull-back toy…an easy conversion. I also changed the channel on the TV truck. Should look familiar to anyone that lives in the Delaware Valley.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Lee thank you for your generosity And the help that you have shared with this entire hobby. Your work with vehicles has been quite helpful to many of us.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts