Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I have determined that due to the scarcesity, the concept of the inflated costs for new 1:1 streetcars being passed by model makers to modelers, and the fact I never see any other traction people in my neck o' the woods (there are more vampires, werewolves, and ferry boat fans around here, than model railroad shops in four miles of your zipcode, for an idea of where I am!). I have concluded that I am "The Last Traction Nut", and/or atleast the youngest in the area. - :( & :eek: - Could somebody cue the Youtube Gopher?

Are there any other Trolley, Interurban, or Tram fans out there? This is the thread for you. Just one rule, what ever you do, do not call this stuff "Light Rail" please?! Thanks and start talking. - :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Okay, so I have determined that due to the scarcesity, the concept of the inflated costs for new 1:1 streetcars being passed by model makers to modelers, and the fact I never see any other traction people in my neck o' the woods (there are more vampires, werewolves, and ferry boat fans around here, than model railroad shops in four miles of your zipcode, for an idea of where I am!). I have concluded that I am "The Last Traction Nut", and/or atleast the youngest in the area. - :( & :eek: - Could somebody cue the Youtube Gopher?

Are there any other Trolley, Interurban, or Tram fans out there? This is the thread for you. Just one rule, what ever you do, do not call this stuff "Light Rail" please?! Thanks and start talking. - :)
We like to visit the seashore Trolley Museum several times a year. As you may or may not know Maine once had an extensive network of interurban trolleys crossing the state. There are still places today where the track bed is still viable. They have an extensive collection of interurban, street cars, and subway cars on display a well as a operating interurban line that runs several miles into the countryside and back.

http://www.trolleymuseum.org/

Ray

·
Registered
318 Posts
I am younger (if 27 is young) and enjoy video games like Grand Theft Auto, Call Of Duty (Black Ops not so much Modern Warfar), and Sim City 4. In Sim City 4 I have built huge cities that have a large and very extensive network of Trams lines. That is what kept my Sims happy and going to work.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

It's nice to know there are others who like a bit of the Interurban. I'm just trying to find a place that sells the Bowser kits cheaper than the list price. Does anybody know of such a place? I can't find anyone out there. - :confused:

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So who here has any trolley cars on their layouts? I think it's high time we see them. Who will be the first? Don't worry about me, I'll post ASAP (need to find the card reader - :(). - :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts