Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
16,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any/all of you MTF members who wish to extend heartfelt birthday wishes to fellow members (or a friend, or your dog, or whatever), please do so below ... in this ONE thread ...

Thank you for your cooperation.

TJ (MTF Moderator)

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,516 Posts
Happy Early Birthday to you. :D

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
Thanks for creating this section TJ....seems you had the gumption to do it that I could apparently never muster.....;)

Anyway, a big Happy Birthday to both of my older sisters, who share the month of August for their birthdays!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hurah, may peace now come to the MTF O gauge community with the moderator's end to the relentless and escalading fussing of the Birthday Thread feud. Thanks, tjcruiser, for restoring sanity to the O gauge section, ending what had morphed and descended into what could only be described as a scene akin to a shark feeding frenzy.
Btw, Happy Birthday to you whatever day of the year that is. :)

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Matters not to me, but if you think this fixes things, you are delusional. The guys that wanted "Birthday" wishes in the forum that them and their friends hang out in will not
think this is the fix. I think some of you do not realize what the other guys were feeling.
Hey, I hope this fixes things. I guess I am expressing my doubts. Good luck.
May the force be with you.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,516 Posts
Mopac, and may the. Force also be with you. 🙂

Hey Joe you using a phone here?
Your emoji's looks like this to those not using a phone,

& # x 1 f 6 4 2

I added spaces between each to maybe let you see what members using a computer see.
Took some googling to figure out why you post it after every post you post. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey there Big Ed. Yes, I'm on my phone. I keep forgetting not to use smilie faces when using the phone.... Thanks lol

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
One can always hope.
There was kind of a joke when asking for birthdays about nobody putting the year. i had assumed most were adults, maybe even older adults. my bad!
After the recent pi$$ing fit i have to wonder. toddler temper tantrums come to mind. unbelievable people
I've been biting my tongue for past weeks. I guess now it's time to get over it or get out.
I don't care where it winds up. I read the threads i want and skip the others. it's easy. and there is so much more to this forum than the big O. This from an O guy. and it really only takes a second to look.

sorry, that's about 3 weeks worth and all i'm going to say.:cheeky4::p:p

·
Registered
647 Posts
cry babies will be cry babies.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the birthday thread hahahahahahahahaha it has a birthday too. :D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,516 Posts
Hey there Big Ed. Yes, I'm on my phone. I keep forgetting not to use smilie faces when using the phone.... Thanks lol
I have been wondering what is was for a few weeks now.
I thought maybe it was your way of cussing.:p
!(*@&@^%#%!

So I googled and found out it was the emoji's from using a phone to post.
End of mystery now, stuff like that bothers me if I don't know, so I had to find out.:)

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,516 Posts
Ed, remember when google is what you did when you seen a good looking woman. :smokin:

whole different game now! ;)
That would have been "Oooo"gling.
I still Ooogle them.:p

·
16,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Let's keep this thread happy, cordial, and civil, and on track with its focused intent: sincere birthday wishes to members, friends, family, dogs, whatever.

But let's leave the side-diversion conversations that simply rehash old business tightly filed away, please.

I appreciate your cooperation.

TJ

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I would like to wish my older brother happy birthday. He turned 76 on Aug 5th and is still going strong. He graduated from California Polytechnic State University and went through the ROTC program. DId his time in Vietnam as a 1st luey in the signal core. No idea what that is. Returned to the states and worked for PG&E as a computer guy and was way up the ladder. He is doing very well in the Santa Rosa area with a bunch of grandkids. Good for him!!!

·
Registered
7,814 Posts
TJ, would it be too much to ask if you could make a sticky of this thread and put it at the top of Union Station? That way, it will be easier to find, and won't keep going down the list when there is no activity in it.

Thanks!

·
16,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TJ, would it be too much to ask if you could make a sticky of this thread and put it at the top of Union Station? That way, it will be easier to find, and won't keep going down the list when there is no activity in it.

Thanks!
A very fair, logical request. Thank you.

Done!

TJ

1 - 20 of 43 Posts