Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old posts never die, they just get reincarnated as "recommended reading. I feel stupid. I sent some long elaborate replies to some posts that were years old. CTValley pointed it out and he's right. I didn't check the date, often years back, that these questions came in. Dumb! I don't know why the forum is reviving posts from 3,4,5, and even 9 years back, but it is, and if you plan to answer a question you might want to check the original posting date. I will now.

Traction Fan :cautious:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,977 Posts
Old posts never die, they just get reincarnated as "recommended reading. I feel stupid. I sent some long elaborate replies to some posts that were years old. CTValley pointed it out and he's right. I didn't check the date, often years back, that these questions came in. Dumb! I don't know why the forum is reviving posts from 3,4,5, and even 9 years back, but it is, and if you plan to answer a question you might want to check the original posting date. I will now.

Traction Fan :cautious:
The old threads never go away as it might be of benefit to someone in the future.
Like on any site if you know how to use a search feature you might see the answer to the question you need to know.
Sometimes the pictures might not be there because of what photo bucket implemented but the content is still there.

I have old threads that things I started are still waiting to be done, I add to them at times.

Just learn to check the date, but whatever you added might help new people just getting into the hobby.
They may not say anything but your posting may have helped.
Also some of those old threads might be marked for e mail notification and one who has not been around in years just might log in because of it.
So don't feel dumb, you may have helped.

But like you said just check the date. ;)

Reactions: AFGP9

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,977 Posts
If your looking to help, look in the "Looking for replies" section. (Up top there is a place to click.)
A lot of those questions sit unanswered for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts