Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I really enjoy seeing all the interesting activity on the Seattle and Yakima. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Bill, why is the SP&S Ry Co. such an important part of your O gauge hobby? I intend no offense; just curious since it is not one of the more heavily modeled lines compared to NYC, PRR, SF, and others.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bill, why is the SP&S Ry Co. such an important part of your O gauge hobby? I intend no offense; just curious since it is not one of the more heavily modeled lines compared to NYC, PRR, SF, and others.
Pingman, spent 40 years in Washington before company transfer. Numerous relatives worked for the Northern Pacific throughout the 1900's. Even though the SP&S RR was not allowed into the Seattle / NW Washington area per govt regs, I saw a lot of it in Eastern and Southern Washington, especially along the Columbia into Portland. Always liked the SP&S since it was jointly owned by the NP and GN and did the passenger service of the NP North Coast Limited and GN Empire Builder from Spokane into Portland. The SP&S was well known in Eastern Washington, Idaho and Oregon hauling millions of tons of grain, sugar beets, apples, and pears for the NP and GN.

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts