Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swiss Re/4 passenger express meets a commuter Br.151 on the way into town to drop off passengers.

New trees and ground cover has been added. I like these trees so much I'm going to order another 50 count box. These are German Heki brand.

Watch out for the speed trap...

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I was thinking of building some roads. how did you build yours? i read for example to use joint compound on a flat surface, and color it. variations on that theme.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of building some roads. how did you build yours? i read for example to use joint compound on a flat surface, and color it. variations on that theme.
Some of the road is made of foam road film by Busch, and some is 400 grit wet/dry sandpaper.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Those trees DO look nice. You made me look at Euro Rail. Price doesn’t seem too crazy for HO (50 fir 5-12cm for $25). I have been making trees from sedum plants and have a whole forest from last fall’s crop waiting to be made, but I may pick up some of the Heki firs for my O scale layout (24 fir 9-15cm for $23). I think I’ll skip the taller ones (55 fir 12-18 cm for $150).

·
Registered
6 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts