Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 60.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think Marklin will get into T Gauge?
My thoughts:
Maybe, they've already tackled Z Gauge, the already small gauge, so it might be possible they're going to jump into T Gauge. But one problem, T Gauge doesn't seem to be getting a very good grip in the model train world, I'm just hoping it will live long enough to finally catch on. Perhaps the problem is it was mainly meant for small homes, so most people who have bigger houses would prefer to just get something bigger. It's currently only made by one manufacturer, KK Eishendo, which may be the problem. There's not much of it. But let's say Marklin DOES do this, if they jump into T, I think there will be a massive increase in popularity, Marklin being a pretty big brand. If they've already gone into detail and made steam locomotives in Z Gauge, I don't find it impossible they could... There's no verb for this... Uh... WOW T Gauge. They are a pretty high quality manufacturer after all. Here's my thoughts on the goods and bads if they do make T Gauge.
Goods: :smilie_daumenpos:
T Gauge will most likely become more popular
Marklin might produce high quality T Gauge trains
T Gauge would most likely become more available in some regions such as the U.S.
Uh! Hello! Did you hear me?! Marklin! In T Gauge!

Bads: :smilie_daumenneg:
Marklin may have already met their match with Z
Marklin T would probably be very expensive
Marklin T might not be compatible with normal T, like Marklin HO with normal HO
It could end up Marklin isn't so good with T

Maybe Marklin just needs a friendly nudge into T Gauge
(NOTE: If you're Marklin and you're reading this, this is your friendly nudge :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
It would be interesting if Marklin branched off into T gauge, but I'm unsure they would commit. As you remarked, T gauge is not a big market at this time. The Marklin company is already involved with Z, N (Minitrix), HO (both Trix 2-rail DC and Marklin 3-rail AC) and 1 gauge (both with Maxi/1,and LGB) on the same 45 min track gauge. But who knows. That is their decision to make. Marklin has made all kinds of products in the past, including slot cars, dolls, plastic building blocks (similar to LEGO), and from from 1914 to 1999, the company produced mechanical construction sets similar to Meccano and Erector. Märklin also produced numerous other toys over the years, including lithographed tinplate toy automobiles and boats, and stationary steam engines.

They also introduced an On30 scale train (called Minex) around the late 1960's (using the 3-rail HO mechanisms and track), but that did not sell well. Marklin basically invented the gauges 1,2, 3, 4 and 5 in 1891. Märklin followed with 0 gauge (by some accounts as early as 1895 or as late as 1901), H0 scale in 1935, and the diminutive Z scale, 1:220, in 1972.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe if they heard of T Gauge, I don't know if they know about it. Considering they made Steam in Z they'd be a good candidate to make T. Microtrains maybe, but I don't know since they didn't make any steam in Z. Either they couldn't do it because it's small or they just didn't want to do it, so maybe they could, maybe not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts