Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-hobbies-craft/edmonton/vintage-analog-electric-train-club/1460827593?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Hi Everyone.
I was browsing Kijiji today, its an online seller owned by Ebay. I noticed last week on the site that someone in eastern Canada was selling a Digitrax Zepher DCC system for $80 & its still available. I checked out train stuff at the site this morning for anything new & came across an idea for this type of model railroad club. I haven't contacted the guy who posted the ad. I know most clubs have railroads designed after actual routes, era etc. We know the most common scale for model trains is HO depending on the hobbyist. If this club is "created" I wonder if it'll cater to other modelers who have Lionel trains, but we'd have to wait & see. It could be a mini working museum for youngsters.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got in contact yesterday with the guy who posted the ad for the new club, & hopefully he & I will meet up this week to brainstorm ideas. I've written down some ideas already, while trying to keep my ideas at a normal level without reaching for the moon. I know hobby shops & train shows would be good places to promote new club interest & members, but people will have to go through the right channels of course starting with the NMRA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts