Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,647 Posts
Yeah, my wife and I watched him. There are numerous "models" and opinions on what will happen. I have my own but will keep it to myself - enough of this floating around.

We will see what happens. Nt going to be good whatever it is.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I didn't watch it. But we started at a few cases a weeks ago here. Now we have 2000. We double every few days or so. Using some simple math I estimate about 400k cases in 30 days here short of something coming along and flattening that growth rate. A total lockdown could help but this seems unlikely or some lucky event like warm weather blows it all away... I don't really see either. And although I don't fully understand it many seem to predict we "peak out" in the time frame and cases then fall. Herd immunity I guess. It heads for easier pickings somewhere else.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Well, why are we even worried....the warm weather will blow it all away.....oh brother.....

That theory has sailed......along with; oh it's only one.....it'll magically disappear.......one denial after another......and more people die everyday.....

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
We don't know if there will be a seasonal dip. But fauci was quoted as saying he saw another hump in the the fall. Then we get into vaccine time. Maybe we get lucky with some compound or something else... I'm not betting on it but will take it if it appears...

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just listened to it all the way. Grimm yet truthful. It's really happening and it's serious. Asshats that won't heed the warning and go out on spring break etc, unknowingly killed thousands. He puts it in laymens terms that open one's eyes. A good listen I'd say. I wrote down the predictions and will follow. We'll see. But I bet he's correct.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Once again, we should just trust the young kids to know all about it and what we should do,
and the people who go into the store and load the whole shelf full of disinfectants into their carts. Nobody else has anything to clean with and spread the virus more. Nobody else has dairy products while over half of what was in the store spoils in the refrigerators of the hoarders. TP is at a premium now for most while hoarders have it falling out of their closets.
We really do have a brilliant society.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Our local Acme has a limit of 1 for essential products (1 loaf of bread, 1 package of ground beef, etc.) And they enforce it at the cash register. They also have arrows on the floor so traffic goes one direction on each aisle. That one is tougher for some people because they don't look down. But every now and then an employee will go to the end of each aisle and turn people around if they're not paying attention.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
If they weren't so afraid of germs and cleaning everything in sight until it's sterile, their immune systems might do a better job of dealing with foreign crap.

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
If they weren't so afraid of germs and cleaning everything in sight until it's sterile, their immune systems might do a better job of dealing with foreign crap.
Too true. I used to have a germaphobe work for me. He kept his house hypersanitized. And he complained because his kids caught every bug that went around the schools. I wonder if there was a causal relationship there...:unsure:

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Too true. I used to have a germaphobe work for me. He kept his house hypersanitized. And he complained because his kids caught every bug that went around the schools. I wonder if there was a causal relationship there...:unsure:
All fine and good, but there is no immunity for this virus....yet.....you have to catch it, and survive it, to build up the immunity to it.....or develope a vaccine, which my be some time away yet....

The problem is, the people with already severe co-morbidities have a lesser chance of surviving if they get it....

Easy to talk about immunities, not so easy are the solutions....

·
Admin
43,493 Posts
I didn't watch this, and I am pretty sure it's not worth any of my time. I'll do what I can to prevent being exposed, all the speculation and hyperbole about what "might" happen will just have to go on without me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
If ya think that not being so germ free would help people survive this, why did so many of the Chinese die of it around Wuhan. After all, they don't seem to have much of a hygiene practice from what I've seen of the wet markets over there. If they can't naturally fend off this virus, I don't think anything will without an antidote.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I didn't watch this, and I am pretty sure it's not worth any of my time. I'll do what I can to prevent being exposed, all the speculation and hyperbole about what "might" happen will just have to go on without me. :rolleyes:
Yeah, if we all do what we can, then we've done what we can. The rest will happen whether we worry or not. Remember, worry is like a rocking chair...it doesn't get you anywhere, but it gives you something to do.

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
It is what it is. Every yeart millions of folks around the world die from various diseases, just another one to add to the list.

Bill

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Just to entertain you folks -- went the to store early this morning and wore a mask -- first time ever in life I've had one on outside of some dusty construction project I've given myself to do around the house. I'd estimate 20-25% had masks on, mostly women, some older men. The younger men that were there did not have masks on. A few people had disposable gloves of some sort. I admit it felt all a bit silly. In actual use for home projects I've never felt the masks were that solid, they never really absolutely blocked all the dust or things you were trying to block... still I thought I'd just try it.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
When I first retired I became a school bus driver. That first year I caught everything the kids had. After that first year I never got sick. Those kids immunized me to everything.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts